Re: WFN (World Fishing Network) Gone!
MJC10

Very disapointed again with what Verizon is doing.  No warning about WFN being dropped.  Just another quality channel dropped, but the rates go up.  Last year lost the Weather Channel which was replaced by crappy Accu Weather and now this.  Pursuit is by far no replacement for WFN.  Another reason to shop for a new service when my contract is up.

0 Likes
KirkB1

While my wife is on the phone with Verizon about us not able to access WFN I just searched and found this thread. The rep on the phone does not even know it's no longer being carried, which I hope is incorrect but I'm afraid at this point it does look liek WFN was dropped.

-kirk

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was dropped 3 weeks ago.

0 Likes
BiggE

Who do we have to get with to get rid of Pusuit?  That is some straight **bleep**!

0 Likes
Lumsden

Still no WFN. When I first signed up for FIOS I had several different fishing channels. I paid extra to have them all. To my disdain I watched Verizon remove every one of them. Now I have this over priced plan that I don't even watch. I am now looking back at Comcast, Direct TV and Dish TV for my fishing programming. I love my Verizon internet and phone service but the FIOS  programming does neglect the Fisherman. I also really loved the Weather channel and it's reality programming. I think their is a viable market for these in FIOS. If your going to sell the best TV experience in the world you really need to include the best programming experience for your customers. Thank you.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I checked their website, it is only available on Dish.

No streaming, Comcast or DirecTv.

0 Likes
Lumsden

I have patiently waited a couple of years for Verizon to bring back my fishing channel's. It appears that I am not part of their target audience. I love my FIOS but after paying for two years for programming that does not suit me I am beleaguered to wait much longer. When are you going to represent the multi-billion dollar industry of Fishing?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless things have changed, most cable providers do not carry it.

0 Likes
Lumsden

Years ago when I switched from Direct TV to FIOS I enjoyed the best program selection as well as the sharpest picture ever. I even had four different channels that had fishing shows and related entertainment at the press of a button. Now all I have is a hunting channel Pursuit and I don't hunt. I fish. The World Fishing Network is sorely missed. i hope at some point in the future Verizon will include fisherman in their business plan. Their are a lot more of us than they know.

0 Likes
World Fishing Network
sharkpitz

Dear Mr. McAdam, I'm reaching out to you to see if there will ever be a chance we could bring back the World Fishing Network to FiOS. I was so extremely disappointed when you dropped them. I'm an extreme Fly Fisher, and Fisher, and as of right now, have not one fishing channel on FiOS. 

I would never go back to Cablevision as they lost me the year they dropped Fox and my San Fran Giants made it to the World Series. I've had Direct TV and I believe my friend had told me they carry it. But, again, I wouldn't want to leave FiOS.
   I wrote the WFN and they said, the only way to watch us, if your provider carried us. They carried the shows FlyFisher, Orvis. To not have any fishing channels seems strange when it's such a huge sport.
  Is there a chance this could ever happen? Bring them back I mean?
  Thank You.

0 Likes