Switch Account

Warning: NFL Redzone causing burn on TV screen

Warning: NFL Redzone causing burn on TV screen

Contributor twang
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(654 Views)

I just had a TV service tech take a look at my TV to calibrate the color and he said that there was a noticeable burn on the bottom of the screen and it was pretty clear it said NFL redzone and there was a bar that ran the entire length of the TV.

Just a warning to those of you that watch hours of NFL Redzone, that this could have a noticeable affect on your TV. 

NFL Redzone needs to make sure not to leave an image on the screen for long periods of time, as this can burn into any TV. 

2 REPLIES 2
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(570 Views)

i assume you have a plasma tv? I have a panasonic plasma hdtv that will have burn in but i can get rid of it by pushing a button on my remote in the menu it brings up a bright white srceen which wipes away the burn in in 15 minutes.i always find burn in on my screen after watching redzone,ESPN,or NBA tv.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 3
(561 Views)

Only older plasma screens had that issue.

Newer ones from 2009/10 or later no longer get burn-in.  Unless maybe it's some crappy set.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.