Re: Watch FIOS TV on laptop
ChrisB_VZ
VZ Employee Emeritus

Good afternoon!

I wanted to provide you with an updated URL to watch TV online: http://verizon.com/tvonline

0 Likes
cma1000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.   Where can I watch LIVE tv on the PC? It seems like all pre-recorded shows and some pointing to the network stations to watch.   Why they can't make the same viewing experiences on the PC like the mobileapp?

0 Likes
HappyChica

When I try to watch a current show, like ABC, it sends me to a page to select my provider.  I select Verizon FiOS and enter my logon info.  It then just says a bad command was sent.  How do I get past this?

0 Likes
GDAQ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Time Warner Cable had a very user friendly system to watch live TV on a laptom.  ALL subscribed channels were available with a quick click from the guide.  When I looked into switching to FIOS, the salesperson told me that I would have the same service from FIOS.  Now I learn that only a very few of the networks I watch are available for live streaming and most of the time I get the run-around with password sign-in, huge buffering (I have the fastest Verizon broadband and superfast processers), inability to connect etc.  The live streaming feature was misrepresented by Verizon and I am not getting the value that I thought I was buying.  

Warthog3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just read through all previous postings...  this entire thread should be removed.  There is no way to watch live TV on your Laptop.  I clicked on all links submitted in other posts and none of them lead to Live TV.

VERIZON - Why is it so easy for me to download an App and watch live TV on my iPhone, but I can't do the same on my Windows laptop???

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Warthog wrote:

I just read through all previous postings...  this entire thread should be removed.  There is no way to watch live TV on your Laptop.  I clicked on all links submitted in other posts and none of them lead to Live TV.

VERIZON - Why is it so easy for me to download an App and watch live TV on my iPhone, but I can't do the same on my Windows laptop???

Actually coming for VMS owners.

And of course, as mentioned, many can be streamed from various channel providers web sites as long as you have a fios subscription for them.

0 Likes
rawee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its a shame that verizon doesnt support truly watching cable online. Wonder how could they be No. 1 cable service. Xfinity is amazing but unfortunately I have to stick to verizon because there is no comcast in our area.

DaBears1

To watch all ESPN channels...go to http://espn.go.com/watchespn

Select "WATCH NOW"

Then select Verizon and login.

Btw...I despise Comcast.  I was stuck with them for 5 years because I didn't want to install a satellite.  WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER thoughout their entire company from the local pick-up/drop-off locations to their customer service agents.

0 Likes
Re: Watch FIOS TV on laptop and MS Surface
taniagv

How do I watch tv on my laptop and my MS surface tablet

0 Likes
Re: Watch FIOS TV on laptop and MS Surface
LieveMC

Going round and round in circles here - even simply watching ABC doesn't work on my laptop. Go to the ABC channel (via Verizon watch TV online) - get asked for my provider, login with my current login info and then get a 'BAD COMMAND' end of story (tried it 5 times - the point is that I can relax and watch tv I PAY for to watch - not spend all night figuring out HOW to do it). We just took out subscription to the SHOWTIME channel to watch HOMELAND. To authorize my laptop we need download a FIOS TV App to get an authorization code. No idea where to get this app from - from our TV box I guess. No, I don't want it for iPhone or iPad - I don't have either nor do I wish to - I just want to watch it on my laptop and need to get this authorization code. Again, wasting another night, googling how to get there, PC magazine and bam Verizon forums. Still not there. Told my hubby (who is at home with the TV) to just **bleep** TELL me what happened in the episode that I missed.

These forums are not a substitute for real help - I have a question. I need an answer. I don't have time to read all the replies of other disgruntled users to NOT get any help at the end.

VERIZON: we pay subscription so if it doesn't work = you need to help - not let your users help each other - that's just the easy way out.

SO. How do I watch tv I have paid for on my laptop.

Thank you very much.

0 Likes