Re: NO ESPN - Dropping FIOS
JCJr1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spot on. Back to Comcast/XFinity for me as well 

Re: We May Lose ABC, Freeform, ESPN, and Disney Channels
TheresaKP
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't care that much about ESPN or the Disney channels, but if they drop ABC, I'll consider our contract void.

Re: fios might dropping espn all disney program
SeezerCalad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep. Fios drops ESPN, I'm moving to Xfinity. Simple.

Dennis671
Enthusiast - Level 1

If we lose access to ABC, Disney and ESPN I want my Fios tv account canceled because Verizon did not provide what was promised in their packages. This action will cause loyal customers for many years to lose access to the college football championship and the NFL wild card coverage plus Disney that children have loved for years. We should not be held to a 2 year requirement if Verizon does not live up to their end of providing quality coverage of such popular networks. The viewership of these channels has not decreased and cancellation of coverage should result in an option to the customers of a lower monthly rate or opportunity to cancel our subscription regardless of the 2 year status.

vareach
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed.  The only reason we keep cable is for access to ESPN and its subsidary channels like SEC, ESPN2, etc.  Also, we watch a ton on Disney Jr and Disney DX along with ABC.  

Unfortunately, for Verizon, Disney is correct that ESPN and its properties are one reason that people maintain cable service.  Verizon should agree to some sort of terms to keep this going.  Otherwise, they will lose customers a year before they need to.  They will likely lose customers when Disney releases its subscription services anyway, but agreeing to terms now will save them a year of revenue, before those of us with FiOS look elsewhere for services.

ESPNorCancel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will cancel

PERIOD. 

This is absurd. Why would I subscribe to something if I can’t watch live sports? Everything else is available elsewhere. 

Loss of Disney and it's associated networks
Enthusiast - Level 1

Make a deal with Disney and it's associated networks!Do not want to lose ABC network. If lost will switch provider.

sarrett1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with the others.   This is terrible for customers who are caught in the middle and not represented. Furthermore,  I believe the loss of major content is a violation of our contract and therefore if ESPN and other netowrks go dark any obligations on our part (ie. paying for fios TV for 2 years) are null and void and we should have the right to switch content providers without penalty.    Verizon will have several constituencies angry at them.....sports fans, customers in NY, Philly, etc. and Parents of young Children.  Said consitutencies may likely try other options (Hulu live TV+, PS Vue, YouTube TV, etc.) and that will cause a permanent loss of customers.  The executives at both Verizon and Disney need to try acting like adults and come to a fair figure (and Disney, fair figure does not include sticking Verizon and their customers with the losses from decreased ESPN viewship and/or failed movies.)

Re: Loss of ABC ESPN (right before the bowls games!)
DNOworld
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup, I'm going to go with Xfininty.   

DNOworld
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, why can't I just give a KUDOS / thumbs up to all these comments? Drop ESPN and ABC and kiss my subscription bye-bye.  NOT buy-buy.