Re: We May Lose ABC, Freeform, ESPN, and Disney Channels
Opa2
Enthusiast - Level 1

If my memory serves, I have heard these threats every once in a while. They seem to pop up about the time that Verizon is negotiating a contract renewal for these channels. I have seem a crawl on the local ABC channel asking for viewers to call Verizon to ask that the channels be continued, and, I suppose, to get a better deal for the network (more $$$). Stay tuned.

Espn coverage
Lawra
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am concerned that you are having problems with Disney. Pay them, we have been paying FIOS through the teeth don't screw around with my sports coverage

Re: Espn coverage
Lawra
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree 100%

Chappell
Enthusiast - Level 1

No Disney or ESPN will result in me canceling my contract with Verizon fios. The only reason why I’m with Verizon is for the children programs on Disney and ESPN for my college football games for my husband. This is ridiculous! Verizon needs to make a deal with Disney. And now freeform and ABC will be gone too. Us customers shouldn’t have to deal with changes in our programming once we signed the contract. They should waive the 350 fee for all customers. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Few comments:

1) Verizon is not dropping this content. With no contract, they can't carry it.

2) People complain about high prices, but then want Verizon to sign the deal. Verizon has said Disney wants a large increase in fees. If they agree, whom is going to pay?

3) Has anyone posted something to Disney asking why are they asking for such a large increase?

4) As people continue to drop cable, content providers will ask for higher and higher fees to keep their revenue.

5) You may switch to a new provider to continue this content. Don't be surprised if they have a dispute with this or other content providers in the future. It happens to all of them.

TheHerminator
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has Verizon stated exactly how much more $$$ Disney is asking for?  What is Verizon offering to Disney?  How can we contact Disney to ask for a fair price for Verizon coverage?

gerianne1
Enthusiast - Level 1

If negotiations fail (and Disney wants them to since they are interested in having everyone pay for their content separately now), Verizon should reduce the amount they charge every month since they won't have to pay subscriptions to those channels. If they care about their customers (as they say they do), they should reduce our bills.

Re: channel changes
pattycat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with you - I just had the same expereince with having to sign a new contract.  I watch ABC a lot, its crazy that we have to keep losing channels.  I dont want to have to break the contract and pay $$ but I will.

Queensguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everyone is blaming Verizon for the predatory actions of a Monopoly that Congrss should have investigated a long time ago. They own Comcast and Xfinity and are subjecting us to their commercial content and making Millions for allowing us to be bombarded with 10 Minutes of crap for each 1/2 hour of content; and they have the lack of integrety to ask us and Verizon to pay more....Really. Write your Legislators to break up the NBC Universal Monopoly and this will STOP.

Queensguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

NBC Universal Owns Comcast and Xfinity thus making it a MONOPOLY under the provisions of the United States Government laws and provisions. Instead of complaining to Verizon, we should all be pounding our Federal Legislators to Investigate NBC Universal for Predatory Actions against its Rivals in the Cable Arena as a MONOPOLY. Not only do they collect monies from Cable programming, they also collect BILLIONS on the Commercial content they subject us to for 10 minutes for every 1/2 hour of programming we watch. Morgan who was the richest man in America was forced to give up his shipping lines because he owned the railroads in the United States; so how is it that NBC Universal got away with Owning Networks, Cable Companies, and Amusement Parks all at the same time?

0 Likes