Verizon drop of ABC
roger-dodger

What’s the deal

0 Likes
Re: channel changes
Suebq

I also watch ABC almost exclusively and will most likely look for a new provider, if Verizon cuts access to the Disney owned channels.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon drop of ABC
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

See https://www.verizon.com/disney for more details on this issue.

Re: channel changes
hubbabubba3

Well put.

Couldn't agree more.  Verizon's customer service is horrible, their hardware is outdated, and they continue to drop channels I pay for.  When i called them out on that, they couuldn't believe anyone would contemplate asking them to reduce rates for reduced service.

This one is a deal breaker.  Been researching cutting the cord all together.  This makes it much easier.  I can get my local affiliates w/ an HD antenna and ESPN on Sling.

No brainer to drop verizon, even if they pony up and save the disney channel line up.

0 Likes
Re: We May Lose ABC, Freeform, ESPN, and Disney Channels
janrose

I will be switching to Comcast if I lose ABC.. Why dont they just pay up and keep our channels.. and are they going to deduct from our bill if they take the channels away?  

They are going to wind up losing out if they do this.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

In response to point #3.

Verizon haas stated that Disney is asking for hundreds of millions in increases.

Even if it is as simple as $200M and lets say a 5 year contract (probably longer than it is but makes simple math). That is $40M/year in increases.

Verizon has at best 5M subscribers.

So that is $8/subscriber/year.

And people mention that ESPN is the most popular channel.

May be true but their ratings have been falling for several years now.

ESPN has spent a large sum of money for some sports and now with falling viewership, are trying to raise money to keep their investors happy.

Same thing Verizon is doing.

Its all a business with the customers caught in the middle.

DssKms
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to make an agreement with ABC and Disney.  I have been with Fios ever since it was offered in my are 10+ years ago.  The amount I pay now is outrageous and if this doesn't get settled, I will be definitely be switching as I have been thinking of doing it because of the high price we are paying and no packages for current customers only new.  I will be talking to Xfinity.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI: Verizon is not the only one having disputes.

I believe it is only going to get worse as time goes on.

http://digitaledition.baltimoresun.com/infinity/article_share.aspx?guid=3d4c9266-7806-4ac7-bea7-c32f...

MOhmsen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lose ESPN and Lose me as your long term customer.    I have already suffered thru losing the weather channel.   I miss a football game and a new provider will be at my door faster than you can GONE!!!!

0 Likes
JohnCena2

The posters above are absolutely right. If we lose ESPN and Disney, which accounts for 90% of my family TV watching, we should not be held to our contracts. The contracts were agreed to based on the content available at the time, this is false advertising if they go.

0 Likes