Disney is asking for the same thing you have been doing to us for years.
graymin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Disney is currently proposing that Verizon pay hundreds of millions of dollars more for its programming, despite the fact that many of its key networks are experiencing declining viewership. In addition to the proposed rate increase, Disney is also demanding we include, and pay for, another regional sports channel, the ACC Network, in order to continue bringing you all the other Disney and ESPN networks we do today. The rising cost of programming is the biggest factor in higher TV bills and we are standing up to networks like Disney, refusing to accept these huge increases.

That is what you have been doing to us for years.  I dont want the shpooing channel and cartoon network, but it is included with the programs I want.  4 tiers of programming when you have 600+ channels???!!  Shame on you.  

Re: We May Lose ABC, Freeform, ESPN, and Disney Channels
ChesterSprings

We WILL cancel Verizon FIOS if the Disney programming (et. al.) is removed.

0 Likes
Re: Fios and Disney Co networks
Deerlane
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you.  My husband has medical issues and he watches ESPN channels most of the day.  I just renewed and nothing was said.  As far as I'm concerned they willl not be living up to the contract I signed so I too will be moving back to xfinity.

0 Likes
Deerlane
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree with you. That was why we switched to Verizon also. Comcast was always down. From friends who still have it, that has improved somewhat. But will have to look into the many other options out there because Verizon will not have lived up to their contract so I will definitely be switching to something else.

0 Likes
TaxDawg82
Enthusiast - Level 3

As others have said, if Verizon loses all of these channels, they will have to lower my monthly price which included all of these channels previously. I am not saying I blame Verizon but to take these channels away and not compensate customers for it who bought subs for these channels would torpedo any customer-friendly argument the have.

I think Disney is wrong to slam us with increases. I also think anyone who pays attention to their FiOS Bill's would see that Verizon is not even slightly better.

0 Likes
Verizon/ESPN-DISNEY DISPUTE
TW104
Enthusiast - Level 3

I pay for ESPN from Verizon a service provider.  I expect Verizon to continue the service I pay for or a rebate for the full month if I lose ESPN at 5 on 31 Dec and can not watch the NCAA bowl games on the 1st of Jan.  This is UNSAT for Verizon to wait this long to negotiate these deals and then throw the issue out to the customer.  

0 Likes
TW104
Enthusiast - Level 3

I may switch to comcast or Direct TV if VERIZON does this.  I see this type of business practice to often from Verizon where as when I had Comcast and DTV I didn't see it as often on the major channels sports enthusiastics watch. 

0 Likes
jsgpu933
Enthusiast - Level 2
Does anyone know if there is a legit way to cancel a 2 yr commitment if Verizon drops Disney and ESPN? I saw several posts about false advertising but not sure if there is a better out for those of us under contract?
0 Likes
Re: NO ESPN - Dropping FIOS
NotOffshore

do you think they will lower costs if they drop ESPN?

0 Likes
we will cancel Verizon if Verizon cancels ESPN
NotOffshore

let's just make sure Verizon understands: If they remove ESPN from our subscription, we will remove Verizon from our home. ESPN is one of the main reasons we subscribe to cable at all, and if it's not there, then the package is just not worth it.

Moreover, if Verizon removes ESPN temporarily so that we miss bowl games, the NCAA chamoionship, and/or the NFL playoff game, then they must offer a full refund for the month of January. If the loss is long term, then Verizon must lower the subscription cost for everyone. After all, if they're no longer paying for ESPN or Disney, why should we still be paying for them? 

0 Likes