Re: we will cancel Verizon if Verizon cancels ESPN
NotOffshore

additionally,  they must remove all penalties for early cancellation, since they will no longer be supplying the service that all sports fans subscribed to

@NotOffshore wrote:

let's just make sure Verizon understands: If they remove ESPN from our subscription, we will remove Verizon from our home. ESPN is one of the main reasons we subscribe to cable at all, and if it's not there, then the package is just not worth it.

Moreover, if Verizon removes ESPN temporarily so that we miss bowl games, the NCAA chamoionship, and/or the NFL playoff game, then they must offer a full refund for the month of January. If the loss is long term, then Verizon must lower the subscription cost for everyone. After all, if they're no longer paying for ESPN or Disney, why should we still be paying for them? 

0 Likes
Re: NO ESPN - Dropping FIOS
TaxDawg82
Enthusiast - Level 3

No. I expect Verizon to claim that the value of the channels available to customers is worth the price customers are paying.....even with the removal of ESPN/Disney channels.

Which of course nobody believes (outside of Verizon employees) especially since Verizon has already noted how much Disney wants 

0 Likes
TaxDawg82
Enthusiast - Level 3

Many Verizon customers will want price reductions....so good luck to Verizon if they don't lower Bill's and remove popular channels

Again, not blaming Verizon for this but if Verizon loses the channels, they need to recognize that many customers lost a number of their favorite channels

0 Likes
Re: We May Lose ABC, Freeform, ESPN, and Disney Channels
JERSEYCR

Just like thousands of others, I am appalled at losing these channels, How in the world can you take away one of the most watched of all ABC. We keep paying more and seems like we keep getting less.

If we lose these channels I will be switching back to Comcast in the blink of an eye. 

Get ur done Fios,      JERSEYCR

0 Likes
Disney/ESPN
kb310
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the status of negotiations with Disney?  Specifically concerned about ESPN being dropped on New Year's Eve.  If that happens, I'll drop Verizon and find another provider.

0 Likes
kb310
Enthusiast - Level 2

In complete agreement!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NotOffshore wrote:

additionally,  they must remove all penalties for early cancellation, since they will no longer be supplying the service that all sports fans subscribed to

@NotOffshore wrote:

let's just make sure Verizon understands: If they remove ESPN from our subscription, we will remove Verizon from our home. ESPN is one of the main reasons we subscribe to cable at all, and if it's not there, then the package is just not worth it.

Moreover, if Verizon removes ESPN temporarily so that we miss bowl games, the NCAA chamoionship, and/or the NFL playoff game, then they must offer a full refund for the month of January. If the loss is long term, then Verizon must lower the subscription cost for everyone. After all, if they're no longer paying for ESPN or Disney, why should we still be paying for them? 

If you read the contract you agreed to, Verizon (like most other cable providers) it says they can add or delete channels at any time during the contract term and it does not constitute a breach of contract.

Re: We May Lose ABC, Freeform, ESPN, and Disney Channels
kb310
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree.  I pay for many channels I don't watch, just so we can see ESPN and other sports channels.  If we can't get ESPN, I want a refund for January.  And I'll find another provider.

0 Likes
Re: NO ESPN - Dropping FIOS
kb310
Enthusiast - Level 2

My contract with Verizon includes ESPN.  If they stop providing ESPN, they will have broken their contract with with me. 

0 Likes
Re: Don't Drop ESPN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kb310
Enthusiast - Level 2

agree.  have been loyal to Verizon despite suggestions by many to switch to other providers.  will drop Verizon if they drop ESPN.

0 Likes