We want our Me-TV (back)
KatrinaDad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today (2/28/17) host station WJLA (Washington, DC) suddenly and unceremoniously dumped Me-TV, one of our most favorite channels on Fios.  Is there any way Verizon can grab the Me-TV feed from WWBT in nearby Richmond, VA?

Re: We want our Me-TV (back)
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No.

These channels are sub channels of the main (like wjla).

As Verizon doesn't have contracts from them for your area, there is nothing they can do.

Your best bet is to complain to wjla about them dropping me TV.

0 Likes
Guide Incorrect - ME.TV - Channel 462
Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone else noticed that in the programming guide, Channel 462 (ME.TV) is totally wrong?  Not the wrong time, the wrong shows, everything is wrong.

It's on all my cable boxes, my Droid App, my Ipad app, and even the Verizon web site.

I called them yesterday about the problem, and they blamed bad data from Me.TV (Though ME.TV has correct information on their web site)'

It's completely thrashed my DVR recordings.

0 Likes
Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Double check, I found that while the guide is wrong, the Me.TV programming is still there on channel 462.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So it had been announced that WJLA would drop ME TV on 2/28 and replace with a network that is run but its owners called Charge TV.

The guide provider that Verizon uses had updated the guide accordingly.
For some reason (can't find it yet) WJLA either didn't switch or switched and then switched back to Me TV.

That is why the guide got out of whack.

0 Likes
Rhodos3513
Enthusiast - Level 1

According to the latest info from MeTV, (as of March 24, 2017) FoxDC (WTTG) will be picking up MeTV on Channel 5.3 through the airwaves.  No word from either Verizon or Comcast (yet) as to whether or when they will add it to their channel selection(s).

Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

As of Friday 462 was still me.tv

0 Likes
Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmm today the channel is labeled charge tv, but the programming is clearly me.tv.

We want our, We want our Me-TV.  (Guitar riff)

0 Likes
Re: Guide Incorrect - ME.TV - Channel 462
skidoo2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me TV said they will not be available on 462 after Monday March 27th. Didn't see a notice in message center. This is one of my favorite stations.

Re: Guide Incorrect - ME.TV - Channel 462
Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone have a point of contact where we could ask FIOS to add the WTTG ME.TV channel?

I am sure calling support would do no good.