Re: We want our Me-TV (back)
kal7958
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because there are a few statements here that say WTTG suggests calling Verizon, I called them.  They were no help.  Maybe if more people called and complained, they would do something.  I was told that "Verizon" does read what's on the forums, but I'm not sure I believe it.

Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't even know who's the right person to call.  Billing isn't right, either is technical support.

Sales doesn't care either.

Where is an ombudsman when you need them?

0 Likes
kal7958
Enthusiast - Level 2

I asked for Programming, and got a live (presumably) person.

KatrinaDad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well Verizon - it's been several weeks since Me-TV debuted on WTTG Channel 5.3 and nearly two months since we told you WJLA was dumping the channel.  What's the hold-up?  This is one of the very few TV channels I even watch... why am I paying so much money and can't even get one of my favorites?

Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Current carrying outlets

Washington, DC - WTTG (Over the air)5.3
Washington, DC - Atlantic Broadband 157
Washington, DC - Hardy OneNe t252 / 1252
Washington, DC - Antietam CableComing soon
Washington, DC - Cox Cable 804
Washington, DC - Open BroadbandComing soon
0 Likes
2Rob
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been with Verizon one way or another for about 30 plus years. I really never had any problems, until now!! Other networks responded fairly quick to the metv scandal which is gradually becoming a conspiracy theory. Lol. But really apparently there are a lot of people including myself that want me tv back. As I searched the channel lineup there seems to be quite a few open slots. I volunteer with one station now and I use to volenteer at a public access tv station and if there is space on a lineup and the programming is approved they air it. Verizon please give us a hint or something about our favorite METV!!! Either we are or we are not!! 😢

kal7958
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I called the other day I asked if anyone from Verizon ever looks at the Forums.  The person I spoke with said "I'm sure they do."  I'm beginning to wonder.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is generally a peer to peer support forum.

You won't see comments from Verizon here.

And they have said in the past that they do not comment on upcoming stations until a deal is done.

I would think the fact that Comcast is not carrying this channel either (not sure how many others also are not) could mean that it is not just Verizon holding it up.

0 Likes
jill4life
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am hoping that Verizon will take note and add WTTG 5.3 . I love MeTV watching Perry Mason each weeknight.  I feel out of sorts and can't believe such a popular network is gone.  Really too bad.

cadaeibf
Enthusiast - Level 2

First, I just want to compliment KatrinaDad on a terrific title for this post.  🎶  Get your Matlock for nothing and your Cheers for free Smiley LOL

Second, I am just adding my voice to the chorus of calls to bring back MeTV to the FIOS lineup.   Though a forum post may not be the mechanism that gets something done in this case it at least provides a way for us to gather and know that there are many of us who feel the same way about this channel and can provide updates on any changes, like the pickup by WTTG OTA.  Hopefully Verizon will be able to re-add it soon.