Re: We want our Me-TV (back)
Soze
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to fire up my old OTA antenna in the attic so I could watch a few of my favorite programs on WTTG's 5.3 METV channel. Of course I can't DVR anything though. We're in Fredericksburg, but the antenna uses an external amplifier which helps bring it in.

While losing WJLA's feed was out of Verizon's control, I'm disappointed that they're apparently dragging their feet while other cable providers wasted little time in adding METV back to their lineup. It won't surprise me if it never returns. It's funny that when we lose channels, our bill never seems to go down.

DaveFfx

Is Verizon even trying to get MeTv back in the Fairfax, VA area???

0 Likes
Re: MeTv
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer support forum.

Verizon doesn't comment on channel adds.

That being said, I can't imagine why they wouldn't be.

0 Likes
Re: MeTv
Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had anyone found any way to issue a request for this channel to Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: ME TV
TVAddict
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sad that Cox would be on top of it, and Verizon not.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Has anyone tried to contact WTTG for their side of the story?

Its possible their fee is too high for Verizon.

In addition to per subscriber costs for a channel, there is also a fixed fee to connect.
Cox and Comcast are bigger than Verizon, so easier to spread those charges around.

Or they could have conditions that Verizon can't accomodate (maybe a set channel number that is occupied).

Not trying to remove Verizon from responsibility, but there are always two sides of a story.

0 Likes
Annticipated date of restoration of METV programing for Verizon Fios customers, it was removed over
Chester57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me Tv abruptly was dropped from the Fios line up on March 28th and has yet to be restored. What is being done on the part of Verizon to restore this excellent Network to our line up?

Re: Annticipated date of restoration of METV programing for Verizon Fios customers, it was removed o
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is already a thread on this subject.

Verizon did not drop the channel.

The main channel that was carrying MeTv dropped it.

Verizon has not yet come to agreement with the new station carrying the channel.

It is unknown which side is the hold up.

0 Likes
Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've called Verizon customer service, and have been told no one has any information, and not been given anyone .I can talk to.

why should .I have to contact WTTG when it is Verizon, who gets my checks every month?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has always stated they do not comment on channel negotiations.

Maybe you can get an answer from Verizon.

BTW, this is a peer to peer support forum.

Verizon does not comment here.

0 Likes