Re: We want our Me-TV (back)
cadaeibf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, Oh Great and Powerful Wizard of FiOS,  for showing mercy and returning this small earthly pleasure to us .  We will never know how or why, but who are we, insignificant paying customers, to question or seek answers of any kind.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you check the messages on your STBs?

Or on your bill?

Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

cadaeibf explains,

"who are we, insignificant paying customers, to question or seek answers of any kind..."

I just want to take some time to say, first, that response was epic. 

Now, if we could just get FUNimation back...

I will admit, i am surprised about this development, makes me wonder what kind of blackmail someone had on someone else to make this happen. (laughs)  Overall, i wouldn't get too cozi, for when the numbers show otherwise, the channel will be gone just as quick as it was added...  You may ask, "Why?"  I will take a quote from my previous post,

(Muscle Man voice from Regular Show ) "Verizon does not care, they just don't..." 

Regards,

H.B. 

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Hammer_Bro wrote:

@cadaeibf explains,

"who are we, insignificant paying customers, to question or seek answers of any kind..."

I just want to take some time to say, first, that response was epic. 

Now, if we could just get FUNimation back...

I will admit, i am surprised about this development, makes me wonder what kind of blackmail someone had on someone else to make this happen. (laughs)  Overall, i wouldn't get too cozi, for when the numbers show otherwise, the channel will be gone just as quick as it was added...  You may ask, "Why?"  I will take a quote from my previous post,

(Muscle Man voice from Regular Show ) "Verizon does not care, they just don't..." 

Regards,

H.B. 

I am sure nothing of the kind.  Verizon did want to add the me-tv back, but they never explain whether it was strictly a technical issue, price negotiatons or what that caused it to take longer than some people wanted.  The did have to get a new feed to replace the old from the channel that no carries me-tv in that area.

Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

The abovementioned explains,

"I am sure nothing of the kind..."

More or less, my post was not to be taken too seriously, however, given past precedent, it seems as though Verizon will take the path less consulted.  Removals of the following clearly demonstrate that: RFD-TV, The Weather Channel, Tennis Channel, not to mention the most egregious- FUNimation Channel.  It's ridiculous.  We pay a higher premium with Verizon to have access to networks that say a typical cable provider will not offer.  Yet, every time i turn around, another network is being removed without consulting the community at large. 

The case with FUNimation is especially a sticking point insofar as there are hundreds of channels that could have been removed easily, yet, FUN was singled out.  The ONE channel i had any use for.  No matter, i have a premium subscription to their Website directly, but, annoying, in that monies have to be allocated for both.  If it was exclusively up to me, Verizon would have been thrown out like yesterday's garbage, and, i would be setting up DirecTV. 

I'm always amused when i log in here and i see that post explaining something to the effect of,

"Forgive us Verizon for test-driving another provider..."

(demure sounding)  Please. 

Sincerely,

H.B.      

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tennis Channel was gone over price dispute. It is back I believe.

others were due to cost/viewership.

I never watched any of them.

We each have channels we watch.

and if they were removed, we would be upset.

But what I watch may not be what you watch.

Verizon is running a business. They have to carry channels that make sense from a cost/viewer basis. They pay for every subscriber whether they watch or not.

When not enough people watch, it gets dropped.

0 Likes
Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello ,

Would you happen to be a Verizon employee?

Regards,

H.B. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope.

Just a customer like you. Have been one for 8+ years.

Have tried to learn as much as I can about how the services work.
Both for FIOS and others.

0 Likes
Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just wondering, as you seem to have (virtually) the same boilerplate message as a Moderator i used to know here (laughs)

Take care,

H.B. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

will admit to "borrowing" the signature requesting kudos.

0 Likes