Weather Channel Area
gunner411

I just received my Fios hookup,

I receive the Weather channel for Newark, NJ

I live in Toms River and do not even go up North unless it is to the airport.

So When will I be able to get Toms River weather on the Weather Channel?

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel Area
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

Up here in Boston, it is WORSE.  We get NO local data on our weather channel.  All is the national feed.  Even when it says 'Local on the 8's', we see a scroll of national locations and their temp/forcast.

So Boston is out of luck.

I reported it and got a 'Uh Duh....what are crayons'-type response  🙂

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

philhu,

You don't get your local weather on channel 49 up there? We get the national weather channel here on 119/619, but like you said, the Local on the 8s is not local, there is just a quick summary of the precip and temps around the country. But on channel 49 we get our local weather all the time, and I thought all areas of the country got some version of that, maybe not really your local weather, but at least some major city close by.

You learn something new I guess every day....

Keller, TX

0 Likes
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

I never noticed Weatherscan on 49 in Boston.  Now I know!

Thanks!

0 Likes
JohnT
Enthusiast - Level 1

@gunner411 wrote:

I receive the Weather channel for Newark, NJ. I live in Toms River and do not even go up North unless it is to the airport.

I agree, gunner411.  I'm in Freehold, and Newark weather can be very different from ours, especially this time of year.  We can have cloudy skies or drizzle, while Newark gets several inches of snow.

0 Likes
Tested
Enthusiast - Level 3
Does anyone get local weather info on Weather Channel HD?  In Plano, Texas we have had the channel for several months.  I figured it would take some time to get the gadgets hooked up to the HD version of the channel, but so far nothing has happened.  I was just wondering if anyone in any part of the country currently has this local information on their Verizon service?
0 Likes