Switch Account

Weather Channel HD question...no local weather?

Weather Channel HD question...no local weather?

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(2,140 Views)

So quick question - why is there local weather on the SD version but not the HD version?  That's just strange.  I searched on the board and found a question on this over a year old, and I find it hard that they haven't found a solution in all this time, especially with the new upgrades.  How would you get local weather warnings on the HD feed?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 2 of 5
(2,128 Views)

The Weather Channel does not provide a region's local forecast on its HD channel.

Why, I do not know.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(2,105 Views)

Weather channel uses a specialized computer called IntelliStar at each of the cable company's local head end to overlay graphics when the "Weather on the 8's" comes up. There is currently a HD version out, but it is still being tested in select markets. Here's the wikipedia link if you want to read more about it...

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(2,002 Views)

your answer could not be more wrong. hd content is identical to sd content except the local forecast which someone else explained is provided by intellistar computer.

@optivity wrote:

The Weather Channel does not provide a region's local forecast on its HD channel.

Why, I do not know.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 5 of 5
(1,433 Views)
Well, Cablevision has it!
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.