Well Lookie Here A LA Carte!
DannyMac10
Enthusiast - Level 3

The main man on our TV Land and a Mac!   Lowell McAdam CEO of Verizon Communications has been listening to the customer on these forums. 

A LA Carte is coming!! If you snooze you LOSE!Smiley Very Happy

Read this!

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lazarus-20141003-column.html

0 Likes
Re: Well Lookie Here A LA Carte!
cjcook2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Intersting. But will THE WEATHER CHANNEL be available?

0 Likes
JDavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, but you can be assured the price for the two dozen or so channels you want to watch ala carte will cost more than the bundle you have today.  And you'll not be able to see the ones you watch once or twice a month at all.

0 Likes
jasonacg
Enthusiast - Level 3

By the time that happens, those of us in FL, TX, and CA will no longer be Verizon customers. I wonder if Frontier will finish what Verizon is starting? My guess is no.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

But it isn't clear if people outside of Verizon FIOS coverage can subscribe.

I beleive the answer is yes.
This could be their way to expand services without having to put in and maintain physical infrastructure.

You buy Internet and then TV service.

No different than Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.

And they don't have to deal with regulators in each locale.

0 Likes
DannyMac10
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's an article in yesterday's LA Times giving some insight on prices. 

Apple TV is in the mix with a new TV Box and there is Dish Network with a Sling Box and Sony is working with the Playstation for TV Content. 

So it's here and will be coming in like a big 20 foot North Shore wave in the near future.  Verizon prices and other cable/satellite providers will have to adjust to the changing climate and lower or change the channel packages or else...Bye Bye   Smiley Surprised

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-et-ct-apple-tv-skinny-package-20150318-story.html

0 Likes
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sad Verizon is leading the way. They will stay as long as they can make quick money with no investment and then run to something else just like FIOS. I'll wait for anyone else other then Verizon and go with that company. Lowell only listens to one thing and that's his million plus bonus every year. My trust meter for Verizon is at zero.

0 Likes