Switch Account

What Do You Do When Recording Start Time Differs From Show Start Time?

What Do You Do When Recording Start Time Differs From Show Start Time?

SOLVED
Contributor Douga101
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(2,228 Views)

I record several series.  My problem is that generally the show begins at 10:01 and that is when the DVR is set to record.  Every now and then the network changes an individual episode to begin at 10:00 (one minute early)... or some variation of this.  In this circumstance, the show does not record.  Is there any way to work around this and ensure that the show records? 

4 REPLIES 4
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

@Douga101 wrote:

I record several series.  My problem is that generally the show begins at 10:01 and that is when the DVR is set to record.  Every now and then the network changes an individual episode to begin at 10:00 (one minute early)... or some variation of this.  In this circumstance, the show does not record.  Is there any way to work around this and ensure that the show records? 

Set it to record at any time and that should eliminate your problem. 

I use the following setting for series recordings and they always record, starting at the proper time.

Episodes:  first run only

Start:  on time

End:  1 minute after

Air time:  any time

Duplicates:   no

Channel:  selected channel

Some shows may need different start and end time adjustments.  But those work for the series I record. 

Keep, Save, and Delete settings at your preference.

Contributor Douga101
Contributor

Does that solution work when the show is repeated multiple times, like on HBO or Showtime, and you are not recording the first showing?  

Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Yes.  With duplicates set to "no" it will not record the same show twice.  Several of the series I record air two or three times the same night, but they only record once,

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

@Douga101 wrote:

Does that solution work when the show is repeated multiple times, like on HBO or Showtime, and you are not recording the first showing?  

If you are not recording the first run of that episode on the selected channel, you have two choices:

1. You can set each episode you want to record from the Guide.
  2. You can change the Episodes setting to "First-Run and Repeats"

Each has its drawbacks. The first means a lot more Guide searching to make sure you get all the episodes you are looking for. The second means that while the "Duplicates: No" setting will prevent you from recording each episode more than once, the DVR does not keep track of which episodes you've seen and erased, and will continue to schedule all episodes of that program on that channel that are not currently recorded. This means that you will either have to delete the schedulings of episodes you know you've already seen, or delete them after they have recorded. It can be a hassle, but there is currently no better option. Verizon has yet to come out with a DVR memory of episodes already watched.

Find this post helpful, informative or just something you agree with? Click the red ‘thumbs-up’ button.
Did this post solve your problem? Click the green ‘Accept as Solution’ button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.