What plans have ABC Family
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2

See FiOS TV Channel Lineup. Am I correct that it shows ABC Family for all but Extreme? See Verizon FiOS TV Channel Lineup | VerizonSpecials.com. Am I correct that it shows ABC Family for all but Select?

If we switch FiOS TV Channel Lineup plans, can I trust Verizon to provide the channels they say we willl get? If there is a question of what is accurate, is there a way to get reliable information? There re a few other channels I am concerned about. Should I create a new thread (discussion) for each of them or what should I do to be sure we get what we need?

0 Likes
Re: What plans have ABC Family
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

? you mention ABC family in two different ways.  Not sure what packages its in and yes the site has been wrong on occassions.  However there are a large number of channels in the lower packages that ARE NOT in Extreme.  This has to do with contracts with the contract providers that require their programming in the lower cost packages, but don't insist that they be in in all packages.

Personally I would recommend skipping Extreme if you want to upgrade your package and go straight to Ultimate.  Only if you are absolutely sure that you will not lose a channnel you want should you consider upgrading to Extreme.

0 Likes
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I understand what you mean when you say I "mention ABC family in two different ways" then it is only one thing I am describing but Verizon describes the same thing in two "ways" (places). If I misunderstand then please clarify what you mean by "two different ways".

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Shirley wrote:

See FiOS TV Channel Lineup. Am I correct that it shows ABC Family for all but Extreme? See Verizon FiOS TV Channel Lineup | VerizonSpecials.com. Am I correct that it shows ABC Family for all but Select?

If we switch FiOS TV Channel Lineup plans, can I trust Verizon to provide the channels they say we willl get? If there is a question of what is accurate, is there a way to get reliable information? There re a few other channels I am concerned about. Should I create a new thread (discussion) for each of them or what should I do to be sure we get what we need?

You are talking to peers

You say first that it is all but extreme and then all but select.  That is two different things.  And As a Ultimate user I have no idea which (if either) is really true..

0 Likes
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Extreme, Select and Ultimate are all plans. Do you understand that? They are all plans. They are different plans but they are the same thing, they are cable channel plans. If you think that is incorrect then please look at the links I provided.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think your question is that one link you provided shows ABCF is available in Select and another shows it doesn't.

Issue is that we are all just customers.

So none of us can say definetively what packages contain what channels (other than if we happen to subscribe to that plan. And that's not to say that those options can change in the future as well.

Sorry I don't have a better answer, but that's the reality.

0 Likes
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, not everyone in these forums are just customers. Verizon representatives truly do also participate.

What you, as a member, can do is confirm that I am correct that there is a discrepncy or (nicely) exlain where I have made a mistake. You do not need to know anything except what the pages say at the links I provided.

Something else you can do, as an Ultimate subscriber, is tell us if you get the ABC Family channel. That would help since the information I posted is inconsistent babout whether the ABC Famiily channel is included in the Ultimate plan.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree that the two links you provided were different in regards to whether or not Select has ABCF.

There is no standard plan that has channels that Ultimate does not. Hence the reason it is called Ultimate.

There is a Spanish plan that has some channels in Spanish not in Ultimate.

I see both plans showing that ABCF is available in Ultimate.

So I don't see your discrepancy there (not counting channel 1700 which is in Spanish).

I did agree previously with you that the two links are different when it comes to whether ABCF is available in Select.

And VZ employeees typically don't respond to posts unless is someone is having a technical issue.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

I agree that the two links you provided were different in regards to whether or not Select has ABCF.

There is no standard plan that has channels that Ultimate does not. Hence the reason it is called Ultimate.

There is a Spanish plan that has some channels in Spanish not in Ultimate.

I see both plans showing that ABCF is available in Ultimate.

So I don't see your discrepancy there (not counting channel 1700 which is in Spanish).

I did agree previously with you that the two links are different when it comes to whether ABCF is available in Select.

And VZ employeees typically don't respond to posts unless is someone is having a technical issue.

FWIW, I have Extreme and I do have ABC Family, on channels 699 (HD) and 199 (SD). I don't know about any of the other packages as I have never had anything but Extreme.

Regarding the last sentence in your post, I think you should say "unless someone is having a billing or website access issue" rather than "technical issue." My experience is that it is very rare for a Verizon rep to reply to a technical issue here; as we all know, the Forums are where customers help other customers, but rarely can we help with billing and website issues.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2

In regards whether Verizon personnel participate in thse forums at all, initially the implication was that Verizon personnel never participate. I indicated that they sometimes do but then someone indicates that they rarely do.

Rather than speculate on whether they do or do not, I wish we could just wipe this discussion clean of the issue. If it is true that they sometinmes participate, then it does not help to imply that they do not and it is a total waste of time to argue about the details.

Since it is totally possible for Verizon personnel to monitor these discussions without replying, it is not useful to speculate about what they do.

0 Likes