Re: What's Going On With Your Guide?
Customer456
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new guide is horrible, both in functionality and appearance. The “Cursor Left” quick menu is gone, the foggy baby blue with white lettering is hard to see, the additional graphics cause the system to lag and be slow. In short you took a guide that finally started to work and have good functionality and turned it into some preschool, ill designed, buggy mess… And yes like most everyone else here I want the old one back…

VectorVictor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really?  Horrible? 

So you can't press the 'option' button to select your guide instead of the left button? That's "horrible"?

The ability to save and recall searches and DVR recordings, when we couldn't before in 1.8 is "horrible"?

Frankly, if you would have taken the time you spent posting here, you could have gone through your settings and reverted back to the classic view of the guide already. Instead, you're busy using absolutes of disporportionate scale to describe what is clearly an upgrade in firmware and functionality. 

MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

If you want to view the Guide similar to what it was in 1.8, go into Menu, Settings, Television, Guide View, then select Classic View.  This will give you less channels to look at in the Guide and make the boxes a bit bigger.  However, it won't change the color on the screen, as some have complained about the blue/white combo.

For only looking at subscribed channels, you don't have to mess with changing your Favorites button (unless you only have specific channels on it).  To only view subscribed channels, do the following (only works in 1.9):

-Go to Menu

--Go to Settings

-Go to Television

-Go to Last Viewed Guide State

-Select Enable

Now, select Guide on your remote and then select Options on your remote.  Select "Subscribed Channels."  Now, when you go into the Guide, you will only see the channels you subscribe to.  Please note it will also show Video on Demand channels and PPV channels, even if you don't get those, as you have the opportunity to purchase them.  You can also set this to show only your Favorites channels or only HD channels.  If you want to change the setting, just go back into Guide then Options and make the change.  Note that if your power goes out or if you reset the box, it will revert back to "All Channels," so you'll just have to go back in and make the change.

Hope these help. 

stan5409
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smiley Mad

stan5409
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can say that again and again and again and again.  This new guide is hard to read, very slow in fact it gets stuck often. Just a piece of junk.

Bendu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree.

The new guide sucks. It's hard to read and is slow to use. 

charliewatts
Contributor - Level 2
Bronze Contributor I
MiMeQu

0 Kudos

Re: New Channel Guide

While this won't help the color issue, if you go into Menu, Settings, Television, Guide View, you can select Classic View (if you have IMG 1.9).  This gives you the Guide as it was in 1.8, so there is not as much clutter on the screen as with the new view.  There won't be as many channels to view on one screen.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Bendu wrote:

I agree.

The new guide sucks. It's hard to read and is slow to use. 

The new Guide is great. It is easy to read and very fast.

Now, you are of course entitled to your opinion, just like I am entitled to mine. But in less than two weeks I will have had FiOS TV for 6 years - I have seen the good and the bad, and everything in between. This new version is way better than ANY previous one, with lots of great new features - can you even name any of them?

You think the new guide is slow; why do you think so? Compared to 1.8? What functions are slower? What STBs are you using it on? If you have older STBs I suggest you upgrade to newer ones, they have more powerful processors and more memory, I feel sure that will make a difference if it really is slow (and for the record, it is absolutely no slower than 1.8 was on any of my 3 STBs, all of which had 1.8 before I got 1.9 about a month ago).

I see you just registered here today, and have made 3 posts, all of which I would bet are negative. Why do you feel the need to come here and complain? Just because? Or does it really make you feel any better? Instead, why don't you at least make an effort to first of all understand what is new (NOT just the changed Guide format and colors), what is better (and yes, maybe what is not), and then make an actual positive contribution. This site is for users to help other users, nobody can help you (or I suspect would want to) if all you want to do is complain. Why don't you try helping? We would all benefit.

Keller, TX 76248

Justin46
Legend

@stan5409 wrote:

You can say that again and again and again and again.  This new guide is hard to read, very slow in fact it gets stuck often. Just a piece of junk.

Well, lets see, I have had the new Guide for about a month, has never, ever gotten "stuck", I find it easier to read that the 1.8 Guide and my eyesight is not the greatest, and there are many great new features included. I think it is a big improvement.

Keller, TX 76248

VectorVictor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Justin--

I agree.  The guide is fine, and the fact that you have a scant few people complaining (as compared to a *real* issue, like the Tennis Network problem) just means there's going to be a vocal few that are going to complain about this guide, no matter what Verizon puts out.

Frankly, until any of the complainers start listing their hardware (TV and set top box), it's really difficult to take any of their criticisms seriously.

0 Likes