Why are so many On Demand TV shows now available only in HD?
Paperchick
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has just started happening recently. Kind of driving me crazy. I'm not going to buy a new TV just to access On Demand shows that historically have been available in SD. Help?

Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why are so many On Demand TV shows now available only in HD?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon announced they are getting rid of all SD vod content.

You can get a HD stb and play HD content on a SD TV.

The assumption is that is the first step towards getting rid of redundant SD channels to allow for more HD channels as some providers have done.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon announced they are getting rid of all SD vod content.

You can get a HD stb and play HD content on a SD TV.

The assumption is that is the first step towards getting rid of redundant SD channels to allow for more HD channels as some providers have done.

Paperchick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much! I tried googling the question and also asking on verizon.com (before finding the forum) but couldn't get a good response. Cannot tell a lie, though, really tired of being forced to buy new equipment and/or service every five minutes just to maintain the basics. But thank you again. Appreciate it. 🙂 P.S. I don't LIKE the answer, ha! I was hoping all this HD stuff was a fluke. But kudos for letting me know.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to check.

It is possible that you can upgrade to HD box for little or no extra every month.

Under My services you should see options for services and equipment.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a current free box or grandfathered box, then you are looking at a price increase.  Current plans make no distinction in prices for HD boxes.

0 Likes