Why do I have to Pay Extra for HD Channels Now
Ronsnothappy

I signed up for FIOS and paid the extra $ for the HD Box to get HD channels - NOW my HD channels have been taken away and I

have to pay a premium to get them back.  Does anyone feel like this is that same type of stuff the CABLE COMPANIES were

doing?  That was the reason I left them and went to FIOS.

Come on VERIZON - we love the technology but don't make me think you are just another cable company!

I would like my HD channels back or reduce my bill to compensate me for my lose.  

0 Likes
Re: Why do I have to Pay Extra for HD Channels Now
Justin46
Legend

Huh? I don't understand your complaint at all. Could you please explain further?

I got all of the new HD channels several months ago and my price did not change one penny. I was one year into a two-year triple-play contract when Verizon expanded the channel lineup, I converted to the Extreme HD triple-play for exactly the same monthly cost I had before.

Where are you located? I understand that in NY the pricing/package channel lineup is slightly different, but it is also my understanding that the net difference really winds up to be zero.

As I said, please explain, I don't understand what you had and what you need to pay extra for.

Keller, TX

0 Likes
jamieva
Contributor - Level 1
My bill actually went down when I switched to Extreme HD
0 Likes
Duvs

Ronsnothappy -

Same thing happened to me in the MD area - i could see all these new channels but couldn't access them.  BUT, when I called Verizon - they bumped me to a the new Extreme HD package, bumped my internet from 15 Mbps down to 20 Mbps down and at the end of the day my new bundle is cheaper than it was before and I've now got all those new channels.

So give Verizon a call....

Message Edited by Duvs on 01-07-2009 09:53 AM
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Duvs wrote:

Ronsnothappy -

Same thing happened to me in the MD area - i could see all these new channels but couldn't access them.  BUT, when I called Verizon - they bumped me to a the new Extreme HD package, bumped my internet from 15 Mbps down to 20 Mbps down and at the end of the day my new bundle is cheaper than it was before and I've now got all those new channels.

So give Verizon a call....

Message Edited by Duvs on 01-07-2009 09:53 AM

DITTO

I am in Maryland and my cost also decreased with more channels. Also getting $10 monthly discount. I know Verizon has their issues just as all providers. But give them a call, I am sure they will fix it or make it better. If the Customer Service Rep does not have answers you think are fair, ask for a supervisor. I have seen billing issues that were only resolved when escalated to a higher power. I was also worried about moving from Premium to Extreme HD, but my worries were put to rest. Give Verizon a call.

Message Edited by prisaz on 01-09-2009 09:33 AM
0 Likes
nickyb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have the premier package and i recieve alot of the HD channels with my HD box I have. I do not recieve however things like Fox News , FX etc... I want to be able to get Chiller when it comes to my area ,but on the guide for my area it states I will only recieve that if I up to the extreme HD package that will increase my monthly bill by $10 which would come to $120 a year, which I feel is alot of money. It is interesting that you guys on here reported paying less after upgrading to the extreme HD package. Could you give me a little more information on how that works? I will not upgrade until I talk to someone about it. I am in the Florida Gulf Coast region. 

Thank's nick 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@nickyb wrote:

I currently have the premier package and i recieve alot of the HD channels with my HD box I have. I do not recieve however things like Fox News , FX etc... I want to be able to get Chiller when it comes to my area ,but on the guide for my area it states I will only recieve that if I up to the extreme HD package that will increase my monthly bill by $10 which would come to $120 a year, which I feel is alot of money. It is interesting that you guys on here reported paying less after upgrading to the extreme HD package. Could you give me a little more information on how that works? I will not upgrade until I talk to someone about it. I am in the Florida Gulf Coast region. 

Thank's nick 

Call them and explain when you signed up for FIOS and subscribed with your HD set top box, you were told that it included HD at no extra cost. And now they are changing prices to add more channels and that differs from what you were told. And you feel it unfair that now they are charging more for what you told you would get with the box. They fixed mine and gave me more to boot. My Premier package was $115 and went down to $109 plus other costs such as subscriptions, boxes, and taxes of course. I have Phone, Internet, and TV. Verizon has been pretty fair to most people from what I have seen. If you do not have Tripple Freedom Package it may be harder to negotiate. They get about $165 a month form me and I feel it's to much. Compare that to DTV, Phone and DSL. FIOS is much cheaper.

I have seen adds for all three services for $79. But I think that is minimum on everything.

Message Edited by prisaz on 01-25-2009 03:27 PM
Message Edited by prisaz on 01-25-2009 03:28 PM
0 Likes