Switch Account

Why do I lose certain channels?

Why do I lose certain channels?

Contributor Rocky01
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(1,048 Views)

I have the extreme package - which used to consist of the GSN and El Rey network.

Now I have been told that they are no longer included in that package - if I want them I can spend more $$ on the Ultimate package. Why does Fios keep on doing that - seems kind of shady to me. My question has Fios violated there own contract with me?

Can I get out of it with out termination fees? Seems to me they are not honoring their own word. Spoke to customer service yesterday - they were no help - just basically trying to get me to spend more $$. My question is who can I complain to about this and is anybody else getting the same run around?

1 REPLY 1
MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2
(1,018 Views)

Unfortunately not.

Contract allows Verizon, and is the case for most if not all vendors, to add move or delete channels during the term.

Content providers get paid per subscriber to a package regardless of the number of actualy viewers. So if they raise rates, a cable provider could remove a channel from lower packages or altogether.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.