Why does Preferred HD not have BBC channels????
YNK
Enthusiast - Level 1

Normally upgrades work like this...you pay more for more... or in some cases you can get some good discounts...but essentially...and upgrade means MORE.

So why when the lower packages have the BBC channels, does Preferred HD not???

Can someone please advise...this is nearly a dealbreaker for me and Verizon, as it lacks so little sense!!!

Regards,

YNK

0 Likes
Re: Why does Preferred HD not have BBC channels????
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a fair number of channels that work like that.

When a cable provider signs a deal with a content provider, it usualy contains what level of service the channel is required to be carried on.

If the content provider requires basic service, the cable provider is free to add it to other tiers as they wish.

But they have to pay the content provider for everyone that subscribes to that tier.

So it makes sense to add a channel that you perceive (and I am not necessarily saying this about BBC) has a lower viewership to put it in the highest tier where you are charging the most anyway.

Re: Why does Preferred HD not have BBC channels????
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

BBC is one of the "few" channels I actually watch and is why I subscribe to Verizon's Ultimate HDTV service.

Cable networks such as: A&E, AMC, FOX (NFL Football), etc., offerings are necessary to keep my business.

With Verizon offloading much of it's fixed-line assests in Texas, Florida and the Left Coast, can we be far behind?