Why does it take so long for episodes of The Shannara Chronicles to appear as free on demand?
scififan2
Contributor - Level 1

Hello! I mis-taped one episode of The Shannara Chronicles, the 9th episode, and have been waiting for it to become free on demand. Considering how much I pay for Verizon FIOS, I don't think it is unreasonable to get programming that aired for free.

However, as of today when I checked, the 9th episode, which originally aired on Feb. 23, is still not free - only available to buy/rent. The 8th episode is free. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes episodes to reach free status, and why does it vary so widely from program to program?

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
Re: Why does it take so long for episodes of The Shannara Chronicles to appear as free on demand?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

When shows appear on demand is up to content provider.

My guess is that MTV wants to go through any replays they may have before they allow it on demand.

When did episode 8 run?

You can tell if it is available, the max time before it shouikd show up. I'm guessing 30 days.

Re: Why does it take so long for episodes of The Shannara Chronicles to appear as free on demand?
scififan2
Contributor - Level 1

Hi CRobGauth!

Ok, so it is MTV, not Verizon, that decides when the content is free? That helps.

MTV is not doing any replays at all! If they had done even one replay, it would have helped and i would have been able to tape it.

Episode 8 ran on Feb. 16. It has been free on demand for the past week, I think.

I guess I'm just worried that they are doing something dumb like not allowing the last two epsidoes of the season to go for free. Episodes 9 and 10 are the last two, and I did get episode 10 taped, just not 9. Guess I will cross my fingers and hope for the best. Thanks!

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

So as of today (17-MAR) in VHO-8 episodes 108 and 110 are available free but episode 109 is still only available as rent/buy.  This is ridiculous  and makes no sense (and yes I know that Verizon claims to not control the content of ON DEMAND).

scififan2
Contributor - Level 1

Hi! I just checked, and where I am (Maryland) both episodes 9 and 10 are buy/rent only. I have contacted MTV to ask when they will release them, but so far have not heard back. I can tell you this, if they are playing a stupid game, I will never watch an MTV program again!

0 Likes
scififan2
Contributor - Level 1

Yet another update. Today I noticed that episode 10 is now free, but episode 9 is still rent/buy. I have not reecieved a response from my first query to MTV, and have now sent a second one. I really think this is a game someone is playing, holding that episode hostage. And I am not amused.

0 Likes