Why does pixelation happen so often on hd channels?
dbelardo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have suffered with pixlation on all the hd channels off and on since I got fios.  I have given up watching HD channels.  I have called tech support because some channels were so bad (AMC comes to mind) that I could not see it at all.  I have gotten the channel is unavailable message as well.  I used to use tivo and thought that might have something to do with it so I got a multroom dvr...that has its own issues and i am returning it - it still pixelates, the multi room dvr also does not record the shows i have requested sometimes.  I get a message that the channel was changed.  Which is not likely because I have set recordings for 0200 and left it on that channel - only one thing being recorded as well.  I have viewed this same problem on the boards and have decided to go back to my tivo. Looks like there is no fix for pixelation or multiroom dvrs .

0 Likes
Re: Why does pixelation happen so often on hd channels?
ansky201
Contributor - Level 1

I have never had pixelation in the 3 years I've had Fios.  It sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere that is causing a weak signal.  You need to call tech support and have them send someone to your home to check all the connections, inside and outside.

0 Likes
Re: Why does pixelation happen so often on hd channels?
tns
Master - Level 2

AMC comes to mind as delivering an inferior picture to all the Cable/Phone/Satellite TV providers.

But possibly a physical cable or connection problem.  At least one person who had this problem a lot eventually had to have his ONT replaced.