Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Why does pixelation happen so often on hd channels?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Why does pixelation happen so often on hd channels?

Message 1 of 3
(1,356 Views)

I have suffered with pixlation on all the hd channels off and on since I got fios.  I have given up watching HD channels.  I have called tech support because some channels were so bad (AMC comes to mind) that I could not see it at all.  I have gotten the channel is unavailable message as well.  I used to use tivo and thought that might have something to do with it so I got a multroom dvr...that has its own issues and i am returning it - it still pixelates, the multi room dvr also does not record the shows i have requested sometimes.  I get a message that the channel was changed.  Which is not likely because I have set recordings for 0200 and left it on that channel - only one thing being recorded as well.  I have viewed this same problem on the boards and have decided to go back to my tivo. Looks like there is no fix for pixelation or multiroom dvrs .

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: Why does pixelation happen so often on hd channels?

Message 2 of 3
(1,317 Views)

I have never had pixelation in the 3 years I've had Fios.  It sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere that is causing a weak signal.  You need to call tech support and have them send someone to your home to check all the connections, inside and outside.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Why does pixelation happen so often on hd channels?

Message 3 of 3
(1,287 Views)

AMC comes to mind as delivering an inferior picture to all the Cable/Phone/Satellite TV providers.

But possibly a physical cable or connection problem.  At least one person who had this problem a lot eventually had to have his ONT replaced.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.