Why is BBC America Offered in all lineups except Prime
Violetdragonfly
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I signed up for the Prime package the sales rep told me that BBC America was included. I noticed it was listed in the Select and Extreme packages, but not Prime, but he assured me that if it was listed in Select, it was also in Prime even though not listed.

Guess what, its not available in my lineups, and I specifically wanted this channel.

i called Customer Serive to ask why this was the case, and she pretty much compared it to ordering of the McDonald's Dollar Menu... that sometimes you can only get a channel if you specifcailly order a package that its included in.  She pretty much blamed me for not paying attention and ordering a pacakge that included all the channels I wanted. Told me I had to pay$15 more a month for that channel. I was beyond insulted how rudely she talked down to me.

However, if you offer BBC America in Select, Extreme, and Ultimate pacakges, then why the hell not is it included in Prime. This makes absoluetely no sense.

Three days into your service and the 75/35 internet speed is no different that the 15/5 I had with Comcast, and now I have less channels for the same money.  Please explain to me why I shouldn't cancel my service today.

Re: Why is BBC America Offered in all lineups except Prime
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  This is  a place where customers help each other.  If you want a response from Verizon, you'll need to contact them using the options provided by the "contact us" link at the bottom of these pages.

I, too, have noticed the oddity with BBC America and Prime.  I'd like to get it, but I don't want to switch from Prime as the rest of it is good for me and my family.  I vaguely  remember I used to get it; perhapses Verizon figured out they can extract more money from us by adjusting the tiers.

As for your speed issues, you should be getting close to 75Mbps down.  If you're testing with a WiFi link, try again with a direct wired connections.  WiFi speeds are not guaranteed by Verizon (or anyone, for that matter), and can require a fair amount of tweaking to get working they way you like.  I routinely get 60Mbps from my 50/25 service (the extra 10Mbps is a "bonus" for TV subscribers).

If you want to post more details about your setup, I and others here may be able to offer some helpful advice.  Remember we're customers just like you and only know what you tell us.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

BBC America is in prime, but not the HD version.

It was announced that way when it was added

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/BBC-AMERICA-HD-Now-on-FiOS-TV/ba-p/469443

Probably had to do with the cost that was in the BBC America HD agreement, one of those details usually kept secret by both parties.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tns_2 wrote:

Not in my house.  I have Prime, but no BBC America on 189 or 689.  No OnDemand, either.  In short, no BBC America on Prime, as the OP pointed out.

Oh Well.

arls544
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea, there is no BBC America in the Prime HD lineup and its a complete mystery to me why the lesser tier (select) gets it but the next tier up (Prime HD) doesn't. It makes about zero sense.

Ive complained about it before but it hasn't done any good.

@gs0b wrote:

@tns_2 wrote:

Not in my house.  I have Prime, but no BBC America on 189 or 689.  No OnDemand, either.  In short, no BBC America on Prime, as the OP pointed out.

Oh Well.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prime was once the lowest except for lifeline type service.  And it may still be the contractual requirement to have BBC America in the lowest tier.

At least when original annouced and for a year of so thereafter it was as said in the announcement.  SD version in prime but not the HD version.

0 Likes