Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Why is every broadcast old and new of The Simpsons considered New in the Guide?

DonFiskin
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Why is every broadcast old and new of The Simpsons considered New in the Guide?

Message 1 of 4
(934 Views)

The Simpsons are on about 3 times a day almost every day.  Every occurance, reruns and new episodes, are listed as new or "First-Run" in the guide.

Therefore when you set to record The Simpsons 'First-Run Only" it records every episode including repeats.  This is annoying for many reasons, but here are just a few:

1) It causes lots of conflicts due to the tremendous amount of reruns and variety of times the Simpsons have daily

2) Fills up my dvr, but if i limit the number of episodes .... see reason 3

3) The one new episode of the week can get auto deleted due to episode limits if you have it set to the default episode within in 2 days.

Someone is dropping the ball in the guide dept.  Seems like an easy fix.

3 REPLIES 3
walt178
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: Why is every broadcast old and new of The Simpsons considered New in the Guide?

Message 2 of 4
(907 Views)

This might be a good suggestion for the Verizon Idea Exchange.

But while waiting for a fix, set it up to "record series with options."   In addition to First Run, specify the selected channel, and the selected time.  That will eliminate the duplications.

DonFiskin
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Why is every broadcast old and new of The Simpsons considered New in the Guide?

Message 3 of 4
(896 Views)

What's ironic is I just checked this sunday and the 8pm prime time slot actual is listed at a repeat but every other repeat is listed as new.  Weird.

Mistaya
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(837 Views)

This seems to be happening with a lot of channels. I can record with options and if the show I want has reruns after it my DVR will record all because they all say new even though the old ones are a season or 2 old. I have also had brand new ones not record because they are not marked new.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.