Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Why isn't free HBO till January 30 free anymore

thomasvitt
Contributor
Contributor

Why isn't free HBO till January 30 free anymore

Message 1 of 3
(1,568 Views)

We received a "Thank you" from Verizon's Director for Customer Loyalty for customer loyalty with free HBO until January 30, 2018.   Great.   We were enjoying watching the Sapranos for free until the new year started.  Now Verizon wants $2.99 per episode.  What happened?

2 REPLIES 2
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Why isn't free HBO till January 30 free anymore

Message 2 of 3
(1,556 Views)

Content providers govern whether or not their VOD options are available for free or for a fee.

I have seen that HBOGO has a lot more content than is vaialble on VOD. And all for free.

Guess they, like others, are trying to drive traffic to their app vs VOD.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Phoenix46
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Why isn't free HBO till January 30 free anymore

Message 3 of 3
(1,397 Views)

I too received a customer loyalty free-HBO-thru-end-of-month offer and I can view The Sopranos without a fee so it has nothing to do with the content providers.  I would call Verizon.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title