Why no NESN in Northern RI (at least Cumberland), but there is YES? Please add NESN!!!
BD4FIOS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used to have FIOS in West Warwick, RI which had NESN and other Boston Local programming.  FIOS has just come to my area in Cumberland, RI where I live now.  For some reason some group at Verizon has decided that Northern RI is in the New York area and not Boston area.  The channel line up reflects New York programming including the YES network instead of NESN.  Can anyone answer the question as to why Verizon would set up a town with service that does not include NEW ENGLAND Sports Network and is only 50 miles from Boston?  (we are 200 miles from New York).

If you are in the area or agree that NESN should be carried help bring this to Verizon's attention and call and post here!

Let's get NESN and the right local programming here in Northern Rhode Island!

0 Likes
Re: Why no NESN in Northern RI (at least Cumberland), but there is YES? Please add NESN!!!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Thats a great idea! This would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes
Re: Why no NESN in Northern RI (at least Cumberland), but there is YES? Please add NESN!!!
Chitchatjf
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you checked channel 576?

0 Likes
BD4FIOS
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is the correct station according to Verizon's overall TV channel list, however in the channel lineup for zipcode 02864 (Cumberland, RI) does not include channel 576 (NESN).

0 Likes
celticpride1
Contributor - Level 2

That doesnt make any sense ! i feel for you ,I still want to get the national version of NESN here in southern california,I wish i could get all the regional sports networks like directv has. I kinda regret switching to verizon fios because of that plus the fact that verizon doesnt carry every home and away game in HD on the NBA league pass!!!

0 Likes