Why the Spam when I press the DVR button?
ncard
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I press the DVR button I expect to be taken to the DVR menu where I can select recorded programs to watch. However today I was taken to an On Demand advertisement. Please stop this. This is very annoying.

I could understand if I was visiting low rent  web site on the Internet, but this is a service I am paying a large amount of money for each month. If I want to see "One Demand" I'll press the "On Demand" button.

-Neal. 

Re: Why the Spam when I press the DVR button?
tns
Master - Level 2

Not seeing this. You don't happen to be on 1.9?

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

I don"t have 1.9 and everytime I turn on any box and hit menu the spam pops up, offering some VOD purchase, not liking it.

@tns wrote:

Not seeing this. You don't happen to be on 1.9?

Let me edit to add only after intial turn on.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Yes, Verizon does this at least once a week like you said when you first watch the box for the first time of the day. It happens when you press any menu related key, it is annoying.

prisaz
Legend

I am sure it is Verizon's way to keep you up to date with VOD if you have had your box off. But.

I agree the VOD marketing gets to be a real pain. If I want VOD I will order VOD. Even when you hit the menu button at any point, the first thing you get is VOD. I wish they would use the VOD button for that, and have the Menu default to something useful. We don't need the VOD in your face 24/7. I guess the On Demand star button on the remote is not large enough.The comercials I HATE, and that is a strong word. Can you find a better way to make money off of that air time, than annoying customers? We all know VOD is available.

Smiley Sad

tns
Master - Level 2

I am not sure what might turn this off but try menu, settings, television and disable interactive TV and Recommendation for you. 

I know I always hated pop up of  these kind on a different vendors DVR and so set both of them to disable when I first went through the settings menus.  Perhaps that is why I never saw the mentioned pop up. 

Justin46
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

I am sure it is Verizon's way to keep you up to date with VOD if you have had your box off. But.

I agree the VOD marketing gets to be a real pain. If I want VOD I will order VOD. Even when you hit the menu button at any point, the first thing you get is VOD. I wish they would use the VOD button for that, and have the Menu default to something useful. We don't need the VOD in your face 24/7. I guess the On Demand star button on the remote is not large enough.The comercials I HATE, and that is a strong word. Can you find a better way to make money off of that air time, than annoying customers? We all know VOD is available.

Smiley Sad

I never see VOD when I hit the Menu button. Are you referring to it always starting on Featured on FiOS when you hit Menu? If so, yeah, I find that mildly annoying, I think it should default to Messages, but really, I don't hit the Menu button more than maybe once or twice a week anyway, so it really isn't a big issue to me that they try to hype VOD there.

Keller, TX 76248

Justin46
Legend

@tns wrote:

I am not sure what might turn this off but try menu, settings, television and disable interactive TV and Recommendation for you. 

I know I always hated pop up of  these kind on a different vendors DVR and so set both of them to disable when I first went through the settings menus.  Perhaps that is why I never saw the mentioned pop up. 

Agreed, I hate pop-ups of any kind, unless they are to identify a significant problem of some kind.

I have my settings the same way you do, maybe that is the reason I (we) don't see what others say they are seeing.

Keller, TX 76248

prisaz
Legend

Yea I mean Featured on FiOS. Sorry. Press here to spend more.Smiley Very Happy

Justin46
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

Yea I mean Featured on FiOS. Sorry. Press here to spend more.Smiley Very Happy

Which I never do Smiley Very Happy If I can't find something on VOD to watch in the free stuff, including the premium channels I subscribe to, I just find something to watch on the live channels or something I have previously recorded, or I go read a book or something. I never, ever expect to pay for any VOD, I am already paying Verizon enough (and that would be true no matter who my provider was). Just me I guess.....

Keller, TX 76248