Will Verizon Fios be carrying the MLS Direct Kick Soccer package for 2010?
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry if this is a repeat...

The MLS season starts next week (unless there is a strike) and Verizon still does not have any information on whether it will be carrying the soccer package.  I saw from old posts that Verizon carried the package last year but that it started about one month into the season (I believe Verizon finally got the package sometime in April).  I don't know if this has to do with the cable companies owning In Demand or because Verizon couldn't come to an agreement in time to carry the package before the start of last season.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any information on whether Verizon will be carrying the package this year?  I was online with someone from customer service and she stated Verizon had nothing in its system yet.  Is it going to be this way every year?  There doesn't seem to be a problem with them carrying any of the other sports packages.

If anyone has any information, please post it here.  And if you know a way to get a Verizon support person to answer this question like they do with others, please have them answer this so maybe we can get some answers.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will Verizon Fios be carrying the MLS Direct Kick Soccer package for 2010?
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Just closing this thread...

If you want to read more about this issue, there is another thread "MLS Direct Kick Soccer Package for 2010" that has more posts than this one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Along with the other MLS forum, here is what I found out from Verizon regarding Direct Kick:

Thank you for contacting the Verizon eCenter. I have received your
email dated 3/22/10 regarding the MLS Direct Kick programming platform.
My name is Vannessa, and I will be happy to assist you.

I apologize for the delay in my response, and I regret any inconvenience
to you.

The MLS Regular season is March 26, 2010 - November 15, 2010.

MLS Direct Kick Offers:

Regular Season (March 26, 2010 - July 31, 2010) ……………..$ 79.00

Half Season (August 1, 2010 - November 15, 2010) …………...$ 49.00

Installment payments are available for 3 months. You may not order the
programming until March 26, 2010.

I hope I have resolved your reason for contacting us. If you have
additional questions, or if we may be of assistance to you in the
future, please let us know.
We look forward to serving you.

Thank you for using Verizon. We appreciate your business.

I will wait to mark this email thread as solved until I can actually order the package this weekend and I actually get the games.

As I posted in the other thread, Verizon needs to do a better job advertising this package.  Some in customer service know nothing about this package.  Verizon should be advertising this package a few weeks in advance and alerting customers that they can begin ordering on the 26th.  I shouldn't have to keep calling customer service to finally get an answer. 

Plus, I imagine this will be carried by InDemand.  InDemand is offering a free preview weekend this weekend.  There has been no mention from Verizon if we will get it.

As I stated, Verizon, you need to do a better job advertising this package, regardless if it is not as popular as some of the other sports packages.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Just closing this thread...

If you want to read more about this issue, there is another thread "MLS Direct Kick Soccer Package for 2010" that has more posts than this one.

0 Likes