Will my STB ever do what a Western Digital TV Live Plus can?
sxrd60inch
Enthusiast - Level 3

I want to get a WD TV Live Plus to play AVIs from the external HD connected to my computer.  Will my QIP-6416 STB ever have this capability?  I want to connect the HD to my STB and access the content thru my STB remote.  Is there any FIOS receiver that will do this?  I have the multi room DVR with Media Manager but Media Manager doesn't come close to what this WD box will do.

0 Likes
Re: Will my STB ever do what a Western Digital TV Live Plus can?
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello sxrd60inch,

Unfortunately we do not have this feature available. This is a good idea to share. Check out our ideas page at http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas

Thanks,

Shamika_Vz Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: Will my STB ever do what a Western Digital TV Live Plus can?
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Especially not on that DVR. The 6416's USB, ethernet, and firewire ports are physically disabled. They will never work.

The newer 7xxx DVR's will be able to have their eSATA ports enabled, but only for external storage.

Besides, none of the Verizon/Motorola STB's have enough RAM memory to be able to run any programs to be able to access computer files. The only way they have to play external videos is with the Media Manager program.

0 Likes