Will the Big Ten Network overflow channels be available in my area by Sept. 5th?
cxg331
Contributor - Level 1

It seems that the majority of the nation has gotten the Big Ten Network overflow channels on 330-333.  These came on-line sometime in late July.  However, I have yet to receive them and the supervisor at Verizon whom I spoke to yesterday says that my "region" doesn't have them and doesn't know if I'll be getting them.

I have the regular BTN channel and the BTN HD.  Why is it that folks in the town next door to me, folks in Virginia, and folks in Califormia have these channels, and I do not?

Will they be available in time for the first Big Ten football games on September 5th?

I live in Lawrenceville, NJ, and have the "Hopewell Township" line-up.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will the Big Ten Network overflow channels be available in my area by Sept. 5th?
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

For everyone that is serviced out of VHO8 (Philly area, DE, South Jersey) - we should see the channels come online the last week of August.

Additional project work is in progress at the VHO which has held up the launch. No worries - we'll have them before the first PSU game.  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by psumatt on 08-14-2009 03:51 AM

View solution in original post

Re: Will the Big Ten Network overflow channels be available in my area by Sept. 5th?
PSULuis93
I'm in Coatesville, Chester County, PA and the channels have not shown up on my lineup yet.  I'm starting to get a bit concerned as well.  Anyone from Verizon that can comment??  Thanks.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I'm not from Verizon, but the channels are now on in North Texas (all four showing the same replay right now, PS vs. Georgia, 1/1/1983). So my guess would be that they will be on by the end of next week at worst.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

For everyone that is serviced out of VHO8 (Philly area, DE, South Jersey) - we should see the channels come online the last week of August.

Additional project work is in progress at the VHO which has held up the launch. No worries - we'll have them before the first PSU game.  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by psumatt on 08-14-2009 03:51 AM
PSUChris
Has there been any update on the status of this yet? We are looking at 2 weeks to College Football and I think there will be a lot of upset customers (myself included) if we don't get to see our teams games this year. It is really frustrating when you live just outside of Philadelphia and in the state of Pennsylvania but can't see the Penn State games that are supposed to be on the B10 Network because Verizon has not gotten there act together...
0 Likes
PSULuis93
I hear you!  I've checked the 330-333 range of channels every day for about two weeks and still see nothing.  With PSU's first 3 games on BTN, I'm getting nervous, annoyed, and starting to get {word filter avoidance}  about it too.
Message Edited by ElizabethS on 08-24-2009 05:14 PM
0 Likes
PSULuis93

I just checked the channel lineup (using both my zip code and the .pdf for Southeastern PA - August 2009) and the BTN overflow channels are not listed at all.

What is the deal?!?!?!?!

0 Likes
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

As I previously stated, the Big 10 channels went live today out of VHO8.

Remember, technically it IS the last week of August. Smiley Happy

Enjoy!

0 Likes
PSULuis93

THEY ARE ON, BABY!!!!

0 Likes