Wrong TVGuide information for HBO's "Epitafios"
HDNewser

Because the ever-unreliable TV Guide program description didn't label it as "New," my DVR didn't record last night's second episode on HBO-2 of the new English-subtitled sequel to HBO's Argentinian serial-killer thriller, "Epitafios."  And the program description was for the FIRST season episodes, which first aired in 2005.  Because this second season premieres first, in Spanish, on HBO Latino at 11pm Saturdays, is TV Guide's onscreen guide information assuming that the English-subtitled episodes that premiere on HBO-2 the following Tuesday at 11pm are repeats?
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Wrong TVGuide information for HBO's "Epitafios"
HDNewser

Yet another example of the inaccuracy of the on-screen guide information provided to FiOS by TV Guide: it had CNN being anchored by people who haven't worked there in years.  Here's a screen capture from the TV Newser website :

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/funny/cnn_time_travel_138501.asp

0 Likes
HDNewser

It's STILL wrong, nearly a week after I reported this error.  My DVR still won't record the  series automatically because it doesn't recognize them as NEW episodes, I'm having to program it manually for each Tuesday night English-subtitled episode on HBO-2.  C'mon, FiOS, light a fire under your vendor and get the correct program information from TV Guide!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

HDNewser,

If your references to "TV Guide" mean you think that the "TV Guide" organization is providing the data for the Guide, then you are wrong. The TV Guide Logo appears due to patent requirements; the data is actually provided by a company called FYI Television, Inc. in Grand Prairie, TX (you can easily find their website). And their Guide data has been bad, bad, bad for years. Verizon recently said somewhere, in the Home Blog I think, that they were going to get another company to help out in improving the Guide data. But perhaps for contractual reasons Verizon has not been willing to dump FYI and go to one of the other data providers. It seems to me that the data is a little bit better now that it was a year or so ago, but that may just be wishful thinking.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes