Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

YES network?

Carl
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: YES network?

Message 21 of 25
(4,937 Views)

@iSpyder wrote:

I agree.  This channel is pointless without the games.  Even when I lived in the NYC area the only time I really watched this channel was when the game was on.  C'mon VZ!  Get the national audience the full experience!

This isn't VZ's fault, the fault lies with MLB. 

The only way to watch out of market games is to subscribe to Extra Innings. 

Mike_From_RI
Contributor
Contributor

Message 22 of 25
(4,918 Views)

I'm not complaining, but why am I able to get Cubs games on WGN when I live in New England ?

@Carl wrote:

@iSpyder wrote:

I agree.  This channel is pointless without the games.  Even when I lived in the NYC area the only time I really watched this channel was when the game was on.  C'mon VZ!  Get the national audience the full experience!

This isn't VZ's fault, the fault lies with MLB. 

The only way to watch out of market games is to subscribe to Extra Innings. 

Carl
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 23 of 25
(4,898 Views)

@Mike_From_RI wrote:

I'm not complaining, but why am I able to get Cubs games on WGN when I live in New England ?

I don't really know. I do seem to recall that when TBS was negotiating their contact with MLB, they had to give up the Braves games on TBS.

Maybe the MLB rules didn't account for "superstations". Who knows.  

iSpyder
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 24 of 25
(4,891 Views)

Ok maybe there is some confusion on what the MLB blackout policy is.  I thought (and did some searching) that it had to do with what station could show the game in the "local" teams market; the rights go to the local broadcaster.  So if the Yankee's were playing the Phillies you wouldn't see the game on YES here in and around Philly.  Maybe I'm not reading it right though but if I am it seems more like a decision by VZ or some sort of agreement betweeen VZ and YES.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_blackout_policy

Message Edited by iSpyder on 04-25-2009 09:23 AM
jamieva
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 25 of 25
(4,879 Views)
WGN is a Superstation, not a regional sports network so they can show games nationwide.  However, you will notice that WGN has dramatically dropped the number of Cubs games shown on WGN America.  They used to broadcast every game, and now they do like 2-3 a week.  Most are on a regional channel in Chicago or WGN Chicagoland.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title