YouTube TV sold by Verizon
milhans1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there anything special with the YouTube TV service sold by Verizon?  I have FiOS internet and am considering switching to Verizon TV.  

0 Likes
Re: YouTube TV sold by Verizon
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nothing other than the convenience of being on the same bill. 

jonjones1
Legend

If you have fios internet then just keep that and join google tv via their web interface.

it is not really convenient to have another companies services added on to your fios bill. Keep them separate. If in the future you need to use google tv say on a tablet, or computer or phone or any other device the accessing of your google account is available for seamless viewing. 

additionally if you drop verizon say for cable or satellite service it may mess up your google tv account. Keep them separate 

0 Likes
JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

This question brings up a interesting thought. If you have a 2 year Triple Play Contract and switched your TV service to YouTube TV through Fios (they are offering the choice) would you still be in contract. Would your Internet & Phone discounts remain in effect?  Thoughts anyone?

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would assume no.

YouTubeTV is not sold by FiOS.
It is sold by Verizon.

Contract is for FiOS TV

JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

Perhaps you are correct, but my contract is not for 'Fios TV'. It is for Internet, Phone AND TV.  The contract states that I can change the TV portion whenever I want without voiding the contract.    Fios is selling YouTube TV,  It is one of the 4 TV choices in their "Mix & Match" plans.  While No may be their answer to my idea, I don't believe this change in TV would void the contract.  In fact many customers have switched Triple Play plans to 'Mix & Match' without voiding their contract and without incurring a ET Fee.  My idea is different only in selecting YouTube as my TV choice rather than changing the entire Triple Play plan.

jonjones1
Legend

I am going to go on a limb here and say verizon means you can change your FiOS tv package not get YouTube tv as the change. Like i said below you don’t want YouTube tv on a verizon account. You want it separate 

JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

Normally you would be correct.  However, if I could keep my substantial, non expiring internet discount by subscribing through Fios it would be worthwhile.

jonjones1
Legend

It is never worthwhile to take another companies service (like YouTube tv) other than subscribing to the service via YouTube.

as I said it’s being sold via verizon since they lost a huge amount of their own tv subscribers. You still keep your big discount if only on internet. I doubt if on double play or triple play the discounts are that great. I have read under Mix & Match at fios you can change to YouTube tv via an article at http://www.dslreports.com/verizon 

NiceBeachDay

I got 1 free month from Verizon. Other than that, there is nothing really I view as special. I asked a FIOS representative if I could switch my TV portion in my triple play to YouTube TV to avoid all the set-top box and other TV fees, and apparently I cannot. YouTube TV is just an add-on.

0 Likes