Re: beIN Sports USA will be carried on FIOS?
Pippo2
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a response recieved from Verizon:

"I can understand wanting to find out if we will be offering the BeIn Sports in HD with our FiOS service.

I have researched this channel and at this time, we will not be offering it.  Verizon is working to provide the most robust entertainment programming in the industry. We understand how important it is to have access to your favorite channels on FiOS TV. Please register for the Verizon Community Forums, and add your suggestion for a FiOS TV channel:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/Suggest-Channels-to-Add-to-FiOS-TV/td-p/57288

I show that you are under a bundle contract. If you decide to cancel your services, you will be billed an Early Termination Fee of $180.00."

Maybe the rep. isnt well informed BUT this is a big let down.

0 Likes
ebradlee10
Enthusiast - Level 1

BEIN Sport USA will now be carrying all away USA World Cup Qualifiers....

" NEW YORK -- Add U.S. road World Cup qualifiers to the soccer games many American television viewers may not be able to see.

The new beIN Sport network said Wednesday it had acquired rights to U.S. road qualifiers this year and next along with all other qualifiers in the North and Central American and Caribbean region for the 2014 tournament, except for matches involving Mexico.

The network, launched last week by the Al-Jazeera Sport Media Network, is available to only about 7 percent of U.S. television households. It can be received in the 8 million homes that subscribe to its tier on DirecTV and DISH, which are available in 34 million households in all. "

If this isn't a good reason to carry BEIN Sport USA, there isn't one...

I suppose I could cut down my FIOS service to just broadband, and take all of my TV business ($300/month) to Direct TV.

SOCCER IS NOT A FRINGE SPORT.

LOOK AT THE RATINGS FOR THE OLYMPICS/EURO 2012/WORLD CUP 2010/EPL ON ESPN....

THE RATINGS ARE INCREASING. AMERICANS LIKE SOCCER.

0 Likes
celticpride1
Contributor - Level 2

I  personally cant stand soccer, but i'm on your side and think verizon should carry this and all sports channels and sports packages in high definition.I think verizon is underestemating how impotant sports is to its customers,and how people like you and i may switch to directv to get what we want in HD!(I personally want verizon to offer all home and away nba league pass games in HD!!)

0 Likes
sscnapoli

Thanks for the message, Heather.  I assume Verizon has been following this for some time.  Hopefully the math works in favor of Verizon reaching an agreement to add the beIN Sports channels.  I understand dish and direct have reached agreements to add these channels and comcast is likely to do so as well.  So, fortunately for the consumer, we have options but would rather stay with verizon which has thus far provided a good product.  Unfortunately, time is limited and you will likely see more and more consumers going away for this reason over the next two weeks unless an agreement to add these channels is reached.  I have my fingers crossed. 

0 Likes
djannapolis

Comcast just added beIN Sports USA. With the amount of content they have, this should be a no brainer for Verizon unless they want to lose the soccer audience to Comcast

0 Likes
Will Verizon FIOS offer the new soccer channel BEin ???
thecure

It has most of the best soccer leagues in the world...

Dont let DIRECT TV get all your business!
C

0 Likes
Re: Will Verizon FIOS offer the new soccer channel BEin ???
thecure

Sorry ... Just saw another Post on the topic ...

0 Likes
thecure

PLEASE offer BEin ... I would hate to go to Comcast ... But I will do it for MESSI !!!

0 Likes
sscnapoli

Don't let your competitors lock you out, Verizon.  Fight for the righth to add beIN Sports! 

0 Likes
akirton1

Verizon must keep all their customers happy, right now I am not a happy camper there is nothing much to see on FIOS right now. We have already missed the season’s openers in the Spanish league, and today Thursday August 23, 2012 we will not see the super-cup game. Verizon must add to their programming the Bein Network and bring back life into their channel line-up.

Very, Very SAD Customer,

Brooklyn, NY

0 Likes