Re: beIN Sports USA will be carried on FIOS?
MarioSusak

I am just going to say that it is a sad day when I can't watch a USA world cup qualifier because my provider doesn't carry the channel.  Fios obviously has no idea how important this is to us. 

Fios, please make it right and get bein sports.

The only way to make them care is to change providers. go to bein sports website to find providers offering bein sports channel.  http://www.beinsport.tv/

0 Likes
perrypit2

Verizon needs to get be in sports TV now !!!

How can they allege to give soccer coverage without it !!!

0 Likes
perrypit2

Please add Be in sports TV. Your soccer fans are missing games they would love to see

0 Likes
Spain00
A big company like verizon not carrying beIn sport channel is a disgrace
0 Likes
2camps

Verizon customers want beIN Sports USA!

0 Likes
alex322

I AM SOCCER FAN, I WAIT SO LONG FOR VERIZON CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, TWO YEARS!!!!! IF VERIZON DO NOT INCLUDE BEIN SPORT USA AND BEIN SPORT Ñ, IN A SPORTS CHANNELS, I WILL SWITCH TO OTHER PROVIDER!!!! MY PATIENCE IS DUE:MAY 30, 2013 BECAUSE AT THAT TIME, IT WILL BE ALMOST OVER DE SPANISH LEAGUE(BBVA), THE COPA DEL REY AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, THE THREE BEST CHAMPIONSHIPS OF THE SOCCER!!!!

ALEX JIMENEZ FROM VIRGINIA  

0 Likes
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

No the disgrace is the soccer federations who opted for more money instead of carriage on channels most providers already had.

0 Likes
BEIN SPORT WHERE IS IT????????
sal19

SIMPLE QUESTION, WHERE IS BEIN SPORT?????????????? ITS BEEN 5-6 MONTHS SINCE YOU GUYS SAID THAT YOU GUYS ARE IN TALKS, IT DOES NOT TAKE THAT LONG, AFTER I GET THIS ANSWER IF ITS NOT THE ANSWER I AM LOOKING FOR, I WILL TAKE MY MONEY ELSE WHERE,

THANKS

0 Likes
Re: BEIN SPORT WHERE IS IT????????
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@sal19 wrote:

SIMPLE QUESTION, WHERE IS BEIN SPORT?????????????? ITS BEEN 5-6 MONTHS SINCE YOU GUYS SAID THAT YOU GUYS ARE IN TALKS, IT DOES NOT TAKE THAT LONG, AFTER I GET THIS ANSWER IF ITS NOT THE ANSWER I AM LOOKING FOR, I WILL TAKE MY MONEY ELSE WHERE,

THANKS

There is a forum thread for this topic in the Idea Exchange section of the Verizon Community Forum.  

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideas/article-id/14882/page/67#comments

0 Likes
Koons1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, with due respect, this is a naive statement. For one thing, the leagues don't go around negotiating with individual carriers. They most often sign deals with a small number of carriers and/or distributors. Secondly, can you blame them for, when the contracts are coming due, maximizing their revenue? Did the NFL turn down ESPN because not everyone can afford cable?

The other issue is this: in essence, the addition of this channel would not increase Verizon's costs because when the contracts with Gol and Fox come up, the disappearance of the leagues from these outlets will dramatically reduce their value and cost to Verizon. I mention Fox because, alas, NBC has gotten the rights to the English league next year, and this is virtually Fox's obsession, not only in coverage but in talk, and it will be left with the Champions League, basically.

So - Gol and Fox will cost less and/or disappear, and the money will be spent on  BeIn. Most likely a zero-sum affair. What I guess is happening with the delay is the term of these two contracts. Maybe Verizon is waiting for their expiration before reducing the outlay and lauching BeIn.

0 Likes