Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

blocked channels

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

blocked channels

Message 1 of 6
(648 Views)

What the heck is up with these blocked channels?  Worst of all one of the blocked channels is the playoff game????

I am ready to cancel my fios!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: blocked channels

Message 2 of 6
(623 Views)

Not sure what you are calling blocked channels.

If you are talking about blacked out Football games, it is probably a subject covered by the NFL coverage rules.  And almost always it just means it is being covered by another channel in your area.  For example a major network may have bought the rights for national coverage over the usual carrier.

Note that some channels belonging to Newport Television are currently being withheld by  them until a new carriage agreement with Verizon is reached.  Depending on where you are these may be your local CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, CW, etc

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(594 Views)

Can anyone tell me how to get reimbursed for the month of January for not providing the channels promised in my contract?  It is very difficult to get a human voice to speak to about this. 

Highlighted
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Message 4 of 6
(590 Views)

@SoapQueen wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to get reimbursed for the month of January for not providing the channels promised in my contract?  It is very difficult to get a human voice to speak to about this. 

You were not promised any channels in your contract. Your contract states that Verizon can make changes to the channel lineup from time to time, without notice to you.

See section 3, here.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Message 5 of 6
(574 Views)

Before everyone starts thumping thier chests and saying they are going to drop Verizon, they need to realize this is an industry wide probelm and is occuring on other carriers as well.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Retrans-Blackouts-Getting-Out-of-Hand-117886

Of course in the end, it is we the consumer, that is getting screwed by all.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(555 Views)

I know and the best games of the year....WT_?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.