channel 13 (pbs) in NY
LoriNY1

when did this channel become not available to Fios customers?  really?  cable is knocking on my door everyday.......

0 Likes
Re: channel 13 (pbs) in NY
Lola333

It went dark last night 9/6 right in the middle of a program. No advanced warning, no explanation. I'm livid.

0 Likes
LoriNY1

fios has told me they are aware of the problem and it should be fixed by 9/8 at 5:45 am.  we will see.....nothing but problems the last few months.  seriously considering going back to cable, as much as that would kill me.

0 Likes
rudycub23

Yes I noticed the same thing.  I was hoping to watch "The Civil War" tonight, and I'm bummed out!

Just to let everyone know, I did get in touch with Support about this, and I was told that there was an outage for all Channel 13 channels, HD and SD, and that they were working to restore it.  I was also told that they estimated that it would return by 6am tomorrow (Tuesday, 9/8).

Let's see what happens...

0 Likes
Fios in New York City area
Alan105731

Channel 13, PBS in New York, is not working. No explanation given!

0 Likes
Re: Fios in New York City area
Dr_Mom1

Same here! I get a screen which says the channel is no longer available but calling customer service says there are 'technical difficulties' and service should be restored by tomorrow morning. This would happen the night the remastered version of 'the Civil War' premieres.

😡😡😡😡

0 Likes
lunachik526

same here.  no pbs (13 or 513)

0 Likes
Arl3

I just contacted FIOS and spoke to a man in India who tells me that PBS 13 will be restored by the morning of September 8.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to twitter feed from WNET, it is an atmospheric issue affectiong FIOS and DirecTv.

Msirt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Screen sign reads "Programming on this channel is no longer available.  Your FIOS TV service is working."

Bit of an oxymoron there, huh?

(btw, "no longer available" has the ring of finality, doesn't it?)