Re: channel 13 (pbs) in NY
ekelks1
Contributor - Level 1

Also have noticed glitchiness on Channel 13 lately...got so fed up with Arthur and George blacking out and stuttering throughout the show, I bought the DVD set, since channel 21 doesn't have it scheduled yet, and the ROKU version has poorly edited in ads. The Civil War, too bad. Such a great series. Netflix has it on DVD, I think.

Hope they are fixing the quality of their feed while they're off the air. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ekelks wrote:

Also have noticed glitchiness on Channel 13 lately...got so fed up with Arthur and George blacking out and stuttering throughout the show, I bought the DVD set, since channel 21 doesn't have it scheduled yet, and the ROKU version has poorly edited in ads. The Civil War, too bad. Such a great series. Netflix has it on DVD, I think.

Hope they are fixing the quality of their feed while they're off the air. 

The old verision is out on DVD and has been for some time. But new version on DVD and Blu-ray don't come out officially until October 13.

0 Likes
ekelks1
Contributor - Level 1

i bought Arthur and George from Amazon UK, where it has been available for some time. I will get it any day now, and watch it on a region-free DVD player. Meanwhile, Channel 13, though still not back at  9:57 am, now shows a screen about 'regional blackout,' and 'we are working on it.'

0 Likes
auracentral
Enthusiast - Level 1

It includes New Jersey customers in at least Bergen and Morris Counties.  and  contrary to some the only affected stations in New Jersey  are 13 (standard tv) and 513 (HD)   I thought WLIW 21 and 521 and  NJTV  23 and 523 also came out of the same distribution (they're all PBS and  there are working agreements with Thirteen)  they are all OK,

It meant my episode of Vicious wasnt taped on Sunday night, and Civil War  restored was knocked out.  I can't imagine what it is like for Sesame Street parents.  Kids are not always so flexible.

I've spent some hours and had at least 10 different scheduled return of service .  My latest time is tonight, Tuesday, September 8 at midnight.     The amount of wasted time customers have spent running   totally irrelevant to this problem Troubleshooting routines--  and one additional bug while it's down is that it says Push B on the remote to get to trouble shooting and I get a standard search screen for On demant content options including an ugly alphabet keyboard  is crazy.

Screen messages during this outage are mostly WRONG and not helpful, and very wasteful of everyone's time and Verizon's technical reputation (their billing is hopeless, but that's a different subject)..

This is the first major outage I've had on FIOS in 3 years of use, but considering that there is no weather issue,  this one is a doozy.

ekelks1
Contributor - Level 1

It's back in Brooklyn, NY, 3pm

0 Likes
LoriNY1

i got an email, a text, and a voicemail telling me my repair ticket has been closed.  i guess last night when i was 'chatting' with  a representative, they opened a ticket.  i checked, its back.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes