cost to run another line
jmoney3

I currently have the FIOS triple play package and was wondering if I could get any kind of idea on how much it would cost to run a cable line into another room. The attic may need to be involved and its a pain to get into.

0 Likes
Re: cost to run another line
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

The last time I asked it was ~$90 + material to have Verizon do it.

But Verizon does what is called a "visible" installation. Meaning that when they run the cable, it will be along the baseboards, around doors, drill a hole through a wall and poke the cable through, etc. This was not good on the WAF (Wife approval factor). So the cost was much more than just the money  Smiley Wink   But if your a little handy, you can probably do it yourself and do as good if not better than Verizon can.

Rather I opted to have an Electrician do it so that the cables were run inside the wall. This is called phishing the cable in the wall. This was much neater than Verizon could do it and got me points on the WAF. It was a little more expensive (~$150) but worth it in my opinion. I got a very neat install with a nice cable jack on the wall that looks much more professional.

0 Likes