Re: dropping bloomberg TV
mixelplix
Enthusiast - Level 1

First they dropped the weather channel and now dropping Bloomberg may be the straw that breaks it for me. Bloomberg was one of the *only* non-biased news outlets. Instead there's One America News - give me a break. If there is any doubt how it will be when the politicians kil Net Neutrality - this is all the evidence you need. I'll have to look on the Pennsylvania Utility Commition website to see where I can file a complaint. For those who can get Comcast, Bloomberg is channel 814  - just sayin.

0 Likes
asp5

Truly disappointing.  This is one of the highest quality and least biased news productions avaialable anywhere in our country and FIOS "brilliantly" dropped it.  I have been contemplating cutting the cord and this may make the decision easier.

0 Likes
markwil

I am very disappointed by Verizon dropping Bloomberg.   I recently switched from Cox to Verizon because Cox quit offering Bloomberg.    Are there any cable tv services which do offer Bloomberg in DC area?   I may have to switch to one of them.    I wish Verizon would reconsider its decision.   

0 Likes
Re: Bloomberg TV will be removed from the Fios® TV channel lineup - NEED TO REVERSE THIS DECISION
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Dave41 wrote:

We need Net Neutrality NOW. This is just the beginning.

Net Neutrality has nothing to do with this.

That governs how ISPs carry content.

Not cable providers

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@markwil wrote:

I am very disappointed by Verizon dropping Bloomberg.   I recently switched from Cox to Verizon because Cox quit offering Bloomberg.    Are there any cable tv services which do offer Bloomberg in DC area?   I may have to switch to one of them.    I wish Verizon would reconsider its decision.   

Check their website.

Plus you can stream their channel for free.

0 Likes
lstarke

I agree.  Dropping Bloomberg TV is one of the worst and most short-sighted decisions ever.  CNBC or Fox Business can't approach the seriousness or depth of Bloomberg's global insightful coverage.  I am seriously considering dropping Verizon and goign back to Comcast.  VERIZON:  BRING BACK MY BLOOMBERG TV PLEASE

0 Likes
NJFA87
Enthusiast - Level 1

PLEASE READ:

For anyone suggesting that Bloomberg viewers just watch the internet streaming content... The TV broadcast and the internet webcast ARE NOT the same.

The difference between the two are obvious and vast. The fact that Verizon stated that they are the same is an absolute lie. Watch both versions, if possible, before making comments.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CRobGauth wrote:

@markwil wrote:

Check their website.

Plus you can stream their channel for free.

Not sure why but Bloomberg has made it almost impossible to find out who is carrying them on  their website.  Probably there is a working page somewhere, but I couldnt locate it.

0 Likes
rdp9

I just want to say we are disappointed with dropping this channel and the way it was done.  An email saying we are dropping a channel tomorrow shows lack of respect for your customers.  We are paying a lot and keep losing channels.  Accuweather has never improved enough to be as good as TWC when there is a storm.  Bloomberg is a good channel to have for alternative views and information if you want to change from CNBC or Fox Business.  We are paying a lot for TV service, and telling us to go to a computer for Bloomberg is not a good answer.  The more you do this, the more we will consider moving to Optimum.

0 Likes
haskeli
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called and complained.  They gave me a $25 credit.  I still want Bloomberg (though I gladly took the credit). 

0 Likes