Re: dropping bloomberg TV
DrStu1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also and upset about dropping Bloomberg. That was one of my favorite morning shows! Even gave me good information about keeping hold of my Verizon stock. I will have to rethink continuing my Fios service. Bring back Bloomberg!

daslight
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is appalling. I can't belive fios charges me extra for news channel lineup but are unwilling to pay for news channel content. Why am I being charged for free content? Please reduce my bill based on I shouldn't be getting chaged for content that is free at other locations. 

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since I am one of those in an area sold by Verizon to Frontier, I thought I'd mention that at least for now Frontier FIOS continues to carry Bloomberg.

0 Likes
Sammy14221
Contributor - Level 1

You can get it for free online or through a Roku! Why pay for a channel when it is available for FREE!

0 Likes
M28
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back Bloomberg TV!! My contract is up next month and I'm in the process of choosing a new provider if Bloomberg TV is not back before my contract ends. 

CMW63
Enthusiast - Level 1

Restore Bloomberg!  

Hate the tv app. Can't consistently get the live stream, and am missing the white bar with news stories on right. 

Wont stick with Fios if I can't get Bloomberg. You give me 100 channels that I will never use, while taking away the channel I watch most. Bad form, bad deal. 

Re: Bloomberg TV will be removed from the Fios® TV channel lineup - NEED TO REVERSE THIS DECISION
Barry73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bloomberg TV is a true Business information program.  As a Verizon stock holder I am deeply disapointed that Verizon would choose to drop a legitiment business content program instead of negotiating a settlement in order to satisfy its customers.  So if I read this note on the TV screen where Bloomberg used t be featured.  Verizon was previously receiving Bloomberg content for free, but charging us Verizon customers for broad casting the content.  Now that Bloomberg wants to charge Verizon, Verizon has chosen to what amounts to breaking its contract with its customers by removing Bloomberg content from the contracted Fios package.  Is there a monthly price reduction coming our way?   I would love to hear the Verizon spin on that one.  Continuing to broadcast CNBC and MSNBC are poor substitutes for the Bloomberg content.  I am looking into switching to Comcast and getting rid of Verizon Fios, and that statement is coming from a Verizon stock holder.  Listen up Verizon.

Re: losing access to Bloomberg News
Barry73
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is also in the Philadelphia area.  Verizon needs to learn a lot about customer service.  I hope the government does not protect them when they are going south.  They deserve it

@CRobGauth wrote:

This appears to be a NY area only issue.

I ahve not received an email about Bloomberg being dropped.

As for sports, you can choose pacakages that don't have sports to avoid those fees.

We all have to pay for channels that are part of our package we don't want or watch.

Verizon makes these choices (like they did with Weather channel) based on their costs and the amount of people that watch.

To tell you the truth, I didn't even realize we had Bloomberg.

And it may be the same with channels I watch and you don't.

0 Likes
Barry73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just by the number of protest registered here on this site is a clear demonstration that Bloomberg viewership is more than thought.  I believe the real reason for Verizon dropping Bloomberg is the cost.  However, we were alreading paying Verizon for the bloolberg content when obviously Bloomber was getting it for free or a minimal cost.  Bloomber on the computer is not the same as the TV as it does not have the relatimg streaming banners.  Shame on Verizon for having their head stuck in a very dark place.

0 Likes
Re: losing access to Bloomberg News
Barry73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to hear Verizon's spin when they lose more customers who desire Bloomberg  and do not wish to be forced to purchase sports channels and other worthless channels that offer content that is strickly mind poison.   

0 Likes