Re: dropping bloomberg TV
tribecatracy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with everyone in this forum. I switched from Time Warner to Fios before they dropped Bloomberg, and they are not offering any refund, despite this being the channel my husband and I watch 75% of the time. Shame on you Verizon for not living up to your end of the contract! And yes, by telling me to go online to watch Bloomberg, you are also clueing me in to how little I actually need Fios, I can hear me cutting that Fios cord very soon if I do not have my Bloomberg back. So stupid. 

SusanM1

This is the last straw for me, Fios.  I have been struggling with your constantly increasing bills and reducing service, but this is one I cannot live without.  Big Mistake for me Verizon!

0 Likes
CharlesY1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well it sounds like the Bloomberg outage must be temporary.  I just cut out the Ultimate and went down to Custom home package saving $35 per month and the Bloomberg outage was a big reason -- it was 75% of what I watched and it being out triggered the question - why do I need all this stuff I don't watch.  But all of the FIOS advertising, package listings, etc. are still saying FIOS are carring Bloomberg.  Can't believe they would continue to advertise Bloomberg for a couple of months and not intend to bring it back.  I never got any announcement that they are ending Bloomberg, at least that I can recall.  It is still showing on the channel listing and you click on the channel - you get a note suggesting FIOS is just in a dispute with Bloomberg.

0 Likes
CharlesY1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also want to clarify what I think is happening based upon their notice, which states:  "Bloomberg is proposing that we pay for content that they make available to all consumers for free on their website and mobile app."  I don't think this is saying that Bloomberg is asking for new money, as some above seem to have suggested.  What I think is happening is that what is new is the free content elsewhere, and FIOS is objecting to Bloomberg providing the free content elsewhere, and FIOS is suggesting that it would be willing to continue to pay Bloomberg for content if Bloomberg stopped providing the free content.  So in their contract dispute with Bloomberg, what FIOS maybe wants to do is force Bloomberg to get paid less because Bloomberg is doing something competitive with FIOS that FIOS does not like.   This is what competitors often like to do with each other - lessen the competition.  But as I mentioned, FIOS is still advertising that they carry the Bloomberg and the only way you get to the information that they are not doing so is when you click on the channel button.

0 Likes
CharlesY1
Enthusiast - Level 2

And based on the note, if Bloomberg were to put a FIOS toll booth sign on the Bloomberg website - something like the password/username combination you use to get into HBOGO and the other premium channels, FIOS probably would be more than happy.  Bloomberg would not then be competing, because you need to be subscribing to FIOS (or another cable provider) to get that content.  My impression is that it is all about the free content being provided.

0 Likes
Bloomberg
Bluges
Enthusiast - Level 2

We could all care less what your reasons are for not including Bloomberg and The WeatherChannel on Fios. Spare us the details. It's your resonsibility to work out a deal- Direct TV and Spectrum did.  Oh, that's right-you see the truth clearer than they do.

Get the channels on air-the fact that they aren't is your problem, not ours. Much more of this crap, and I'm gonna go elsewhere! How about taking off another channel and make sure you tell us why you're right.

0 Likes
Re: Bloomberg
Naps33
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe Verizon dropped it and are not negotiating done deal. I hope they lose a lot of subscribers. As a shareholder I don't like saying that but they don't seem to care about providing a top notch cable service.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As a shareholder don't you want FiOS to be as profitable as possible?

I would expect that before dropping a channel, Verizon does a profit/loss analysis to determine how reduction in content will affect income.

How much are you willing to pay when people can get content for free?

0 Likes
Re: losing access to Bloomberg News
barry71

i am plannig to leave your service,  the app is not the same AS TV PROGRAM.

it was easy to check when it was easy to  get information while watching  without going to my computer.  Bye the way you have discontinued afew channel over trhe past year without lowering your price  for less service

0 Likes
CharlesY1
Enthusiast - Level 2

DirectTV Now has Bloomberg with a bunch of live TV content & I signed up for it as it is pretty inexpensive.  Unfortunately DirectTV doesn't seem to work with a Google Chrome installation, so I cancelled it.  Now on to a couple of other options - (1) pressing Tivo to add Bloomberg as an independent option (we use Tivo); and (2) Sling TV, which has Bloomberg.  If either of these works, then we can try to downgrade some more of the Fios programming (already downgraded the Ultimate package, prompted by the Bloomberg problems).

0 Likes