filter out channels to which I don't subscribe and non-HD channels
PLA_Boston

I fear I am entering a request many others have already entered.

1)  I wish I could filter out channels to which I don't subscribe.  These channels are just noise.

2)  I have an HD TV and wish I could set permanent filter to only see HD channels.

I don't think "favorites" is the solution.

0 Likes
Re: filter out channels to which I don't subscribe and non-HD channels
Justin46
Legend

@PLA_Boston wrote:

I fear I am entering a request many others have already entered.

1)  I wish I could filter out channels to which I don't subscribe.  These channels are just noise.

2)  I have an HD TV and wish I could set permanent filter to only see HD channels.

I don't think "favorites" is the solution.

Why do you think the Favorites is not the solution? For right now, it is the ONLY solution if you use the Verizon STBs. You listed two wishes; using Favorites will accomplish both. So use it or don't, it is up to you.

For the future, who knows, maybe Verizon will choose to deliver a different solution.

For reference, if you have not yet investigated all of the various options available using Favorites, here is a link to a thread which will maybe help you understand better how Favorites works:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Exploiting-FiOS-TV-Favorites/td-p/9935

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

To add to "prisaz's" commentary, if you go over to the "ideas" forum, I think that idea has already been submitted.  I would suggest going over there and casting a vote for it.

I agree the favorites solution works quite fine ... however it is a royal pain to setup initially on all your STB's and if you ever have to replace a box, you have to do it all over again.   The technology is certainly there ... I think Verizon is just capitalizing on "free" marketing by keeping them in front of you and offering you the option to "add" them to your subscription from the STB.

I would suggest they add this feature and extend it to allow you to include channels which are blocked if you enable "parental control".   That way, the kids won't even see titles on channels you choose to block.   It's not an issue in my house since I have an older teen (who has informed me on numerous occasions that he knows everything while I obviously know nothing), but for families with small children, I could see where this would be a nice addition (beyond the blocking of adult titles which is already available).

0 Likes
Jonhie

The program line up unable to block unsubscribed or undesired channel is a nuisance and disappointment.

Listen Verizon! Or customer will switch!

jonhie

0 Likes