Re: game show network and other removed channels
baitnswitch5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I couldnot agree with you more. I understand if Verizon was taking GSN off its entire system, but too carry it only on  the Ultimate plan and keeping it off the other plans is a crime. Anyone who signs a two year agreement and Verizon does this them, then the customer should be let out of their agreement. Verizon should be reported to the state authority in charge of cable systems.

Re: Verizon Fios TV taking GSN off Extreme after you sign up for two year agreement. Can they get aw
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because it is written into the contract.

This is from the FIOS TOS:

Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to change, rearrange, add, delete or otherwise modify the Service at any time, with or without prior notice to you, including changing, rearranging or otherwise modifying our Programming packages, the selections available in those packages, the Equipment, any Other Devices, and any other features, products and services that we offer.

Reelz and other channels removed
Shamrock14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please tell me why negotiations to keep the channels that I paid for and now have lost a dozen or so are not being replaced.  Most of them seem to be movie channels and I like them.  They were on my list when I made the contract and now I still pay the same price but don't have the same amount of channels.  The Game Show Network, Reelz the Movie channel etc.  I want them back.

Re: Reelz and other channels removed
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your talking to peers here.  Even while many of us think that at least some of these channels should be saved, comments here have almost no effec ton Verizon's decisions.

Re: REMOVAL OF GSN FROM EXTREME PACKAGE
bubbaamy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This coming one month after Verizon got a massive corporate tax cut and hell yes I am going there.  The tax cut is permanent so their savings from it is permanent yet they moved GSN just after receiving the tax cut.  This is an example of how it doesn't trickle down to us.

Re: REMOVAL OF GSN FROM EXTREME PACKAGE
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon commented in a report that they would not increase their spending  so that they may maintain a stable financial report, so they don't plan to budget that tax cut in those areas that would disturb their "status quo".

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/01/verizon-wont-be-using-tax-cut-to-boost-spending-on-netwo...

Re: game show network
SUPERVIZOR342
Enthusiast - Level 1

ANYONE WHO SIGNED UP FOR PACKAGES WITH GSN SHOULD BE GRANDFATHERED INTO GETTING IT TO THE COMPLETION OF THEIR CONTRACT. I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD TO UPGRADE TO GET IT(WHAT A SCAM) I COULD SEE IF THE CHANNEL WAS NOT AVAILABLE AT ALL COMPLAIN TO THE FCC. YOU CAN PUT IN AN ONLINE COMPLAINT

sjzinn

I am so **bleep**. I bought a package just for GSN we watch it every night. They told me they are under negotiations with GSN.  It is $124 to buy out of my contract. 

Time to drop them and get the Amazon Fire Stick, they have GSN and all local channels.  Or go back to Cox. My wifi sucks in my house with Verizon also. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

May want to verify that GSN app allows viewing with a cable subscription before switching to it.
A number of cable channels don't allow full vieiwing without it.

wkappl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am exceedingly annoyed at Verizon right now. I understand that they have the right to do this, but we, on the other hand, have to commit to a 2 year contract. My wife and I switched to save money on overpriced cable but are now only saving $20 per month. I will honor my commitment simply because I don't want to pay a big penalty to get out, but at the end of 2 years Verizon is OUT! Ironically, when I told my cable company that I was leaving, they told me they would have cut me to $180 for the service that I had. I am not dissatisifed with Verizon service or quality, but it is outrageous that you now get LESS for the same money and have to spend MORE just to stay where you are! I will tell anyone I know who is considering switching to FIOS about this. Even my cable company didn't pull this on me without notice!