Re: REMOVAL OF GSN FROM EXTREME PACKAGE
haig

GSNFREAK2 is exactly correct. Evidently, even with a contract, Verizon can change the channel line up at will. The subscriber (us suckers) has to suck it up and pay more money for another package to get GSN or pay less to get GSN but, loose countless other networks. Gready content and cable providers.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, most if not all cable contracts allow them to add or delete channels as they wish.

Its the payoff for having a fixed price.

If they couldn't, they would have to estimate how much channel prices would go up over the term of your contract. And given they everyone has a different contract date, they would have to continually be updating prices and/or packages.

Not saying I agree, just stating mechanics

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

GSN is grandfathered into many plans.  But watch out, you make a change and you are no longer in that plan.  It is not grandfathed into all plans.  I've asked if we could publish a list.

Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

GSN (Ch. 184/684) no longer available the following packages:

• Custom TV - Essentials
  • Custom TV - Action & Entertainment
  • Custom TV - Home & Family
  • Movies/Music/Entertainment - Good
  • Extreme HD
  • La Conexion
  • TV Mundo
  • TV Mundo Total

GSN will remain available on the following packages:

• TV Custom - Lifestyle & Reality
  • Ultimate HD
  • Premier (Legacy)
  • Prime (Legacy)
  • Select (Legacy)
  • Custom 2016 (all packages - Essentials, Sports & More) (Legacy)
  • Extreme 2009 & 2010 Packages (Legacy)
GAMESHOW NETWORK
Mkhuon1142

I was watching this channel, GSN, about an hour ago and suddenly a message appeared on my TV telling me that was not subscribed to this channel.  My package DOES include this.  When I spoke to agent about this I was told that this channel has been removed from package since a few days ago.  I did not receive any notification about this removal from Verizon and I would like to know why this channel was removed.  I was also told that if I wanted to subscribe to this channel I would need to get another package and would have to pay an additional amount to change to this package.  I would like Verizon to explain this decision to me to remove this channel from my package.

0 Likes
Re: GAMESHOW NETWORK
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the messages on your stb. It was listed there are to what packages were going to be affected. Probably on your bill as well

Re: game show network
JLurie

Just found out you get it back for $30 more. People should be outraged, just took in my motherinlaw who watched it so i had to pay. HBO only $15. I am ok with Verizon over Comcast but when contract ends Comcast will be looking good again. Totally unacceptable that they have done this for a simple channel that runs reruns all day.

Sad Sad Sad Verizon. Enjoy all your new tax money.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pretty sure you got a lot more than GSN for $30.

Yes, that may have been all you wanted but you can't compare cost of HBO to package upgrade that gives a number of extra channels.

lp1955
Enthusiast - Level 1

So Verizon want's more money. Watch the Game show network every once in a while and enjoy it. Now the Verizon bigwigs decide that it will cost me another 30$ a month to watch it. Nice way to treat a loyal customer who has been with you from the beginning of Fios. 15 Months from now I will see what other options are out there and you can say by by to a triple play customer.

0 Likes
jayshadow74

7 months ago, I switched from Comcast to Verizon...I was told it would a 2 year contract @ the same rate.  I purchased Extreme HD package.   This package no longer carries GSN.  I either have to upgrade, (pay more money), or downgrade (lose more channels)...I've talked to at least 3 people on the phone, and got three different solutions. Bottom line, they're brushing me off..Do you have anymore options?..Very frustrated!!!

0 Likes