newbie question - is it common to have Guide info not match the program?
dbfios
I set up a series to record, got three instances on my DVR, but the program didn't match (got paid advertising channel instead of A-Team, not quite as fun Smiley Wink
0 Likes
Re: newbie question - is it common to have Guide info not match the program?
Rattler
It is not uncommon for this to happen. There were a couple of errors in the guide about an hour or so ago.  One was that "Demolition Man" was listed for HBOe and I believe the movie was one of the "Harold and Kumar" flicks.
0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

One of the major faults of the FIOS service is the inaccuracy of the channel guide.

I find it very upsetting that Verizon is not taking the channel guide inacurracy seriously.  It affects recorded programs or a repeated show is recorded because the channel guide says its new.

This is a very large complaint for many folks and Verizon does not seem to do anything about it or care to fix it.  

I came from DirecTV and the channel guide was always accurate.  I never had shows record that were old or repeats like I get on FIOS.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I have had FiOS TV since Sept. 2005 and the one big complaint I have is the inaccuracy of the Guide data. Late last year I was so frustrated I sent an email to the Verizon CEO expressing my dissatisfaction. I received 4 or 5 phone calls in response, they all said they would look into it, and the final answer I got was something like "most of the errors are in the sports programming where the network changes the program at the last minute and nothing can be done about that. Whenever you see an error in the Guide you should call Verizon tech support and report it, that is the best way to get the errors fixed." Well, as you can imagine that did not satisfy me, but after you have gone to the CEO, what else can you do.

The Guide data is supplied to Verizon by FYI Television, located in Grand Prairie, TX, only about 15-20 miles from me. I have considered going down there to see if a personal visit would accomplish anything, but then I decided I would just get too mad and frustrated and probably wind up with a heart attack or something. I emailed FYI once about an error in the data, absolutely no response. And I am not going to waste my time holding on the phone to report a Guide data error to Verizon, I would be on the phone 24 hours a day Smiley Mad 

Unfortunately I think very few people actually let Verizon know how bad the situation is. Yes, there are a number of complaints posted here and on other forums, but out of two million + TV users that is a (really small) drop in the bucket. If 100,000 users would email Ivan we might get some action, but I don't think that is going to happen, unfortunately.

I really, really like FiOS, it is great compared to Charter, my previous cable company, but the Guide data is a big sore spot for me.

Anybody got any ideas on how we can actually make something good happen?????????????

Keller, TX 76248

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@Justin wrote:

I have had FiOS TV since Sept. 2005 and the one big complaint I have is the inaccuracy of the Guide data. Late last year I was so frustrated I sent an email to the Verizon CEO expressing my dissatisfaction. I received 4 or 5 phone calls in response, they all said they would look into it, and the final answer I got was something like "most of the errors are in the sports programming where the network changes the program at the last minute and nothing can be done about that. Whenever you see an error in the Guide you should call Verizon tech support and report it, that is the best way to get the errors fixed." Well, as you can imagine that did not satisfy me, but after you have gone to the CEO, what else can you do.

Keller, TX 76248

What they told you about programming changes is true. All cable companies suffer from that issue. One example I give is that I record pokemon for my nephew on cartoon network, but a couple times a month it will record "the adventures of flapjack" instead, the guide and cartoon network both say that pokemon was supposed to be on but there was a problem with the show at the last minute and they put another show on in its place. But this is the exception rather than the rule.

Most of the inconsistancies is the fault of verizon not checking the accuracy, but not ALL.  and the response that they gave you only covers a very small amount of the errors.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Justin wrote:

The Guide data is supplied to Verizon by FYI Television, located in Grand Prairie, TX, only about 15-20 miles from me. I have considered going down there to see if a personal visit would accomplish anything, but then I decided I would just get too mad and frustrated and probably wind up with a heart attack or something. I emailed FYI once about an error in the data, absolutely no response. And I am not going to waste my time holding on the phone to report a Guide data error to Verizon, I would be on the phone 24 hours a day Smiley Mad 

Unfortunately I think very few people actually let Verizon know how bad the situation is. Yes, there are a number of complaints posted here and on other forums, but out of two million + TV users that is a (really small) drop in the bucket. If 100,000 users would email Ivan we might get some action, but I don't think that is going to happen, unfortunately.

I really, really like FiOS, it is great compared to Charter, my previous cable company, but the Guide data is a big sore spot for me.

Anybody got any ideas on how we can actually make something good happen?????????????

Keller, TX 76248

Yea Justin. I am seriously considering dropping all my set top boxes off at a Verizon store in November and connecting my DTV boxes back up to the coax I still have from the dish. Yes I still OWN my DTV boxes. FiOS internet is faster but it ain't everything. Give us 20mbps for free and tell us it isn't available when our agreement expires we will get more for more $$ or go back to 15mbps we had. I asked about the two year price issue and they told me I could keep it for another year. If things don't get better by Nov. DTV may be on it's way back. Well in Nov I will have options.
0 Likes