Re: no cbs on Fios?
drago11

Utterly ridiculous! First they shut off my cell phones 2 weeks ago because of a processing error on their end. After a week of no 4g service to my phones, along with an hour and a half wasted on the phone with them, I finally get my 4g back. Oh yeah, it was tagged as "high priority" and I was supposed to get a follow up call and fix within 24 hours. One week later I have heard nothing from them. So Verizon is already on thin ice with me. I was with att for 17 years and just recently switched, and this is the service I get? And now tonight I find out I can't watch the Denver game because verizon now fails to provide the service/channels that they agreed to when I signed up last summer. Looks like it might be time to call direct again. Are you listening verizon? Right now as far as I am concerned this company flat out **bleep**!

0 Likes
davekingsb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also live in the Harrisburg area,  and we were recently greeted with the message  Newport Broadcasting, the parent company of the WHP stations, is attempting to negotiate with Verizon. etc.  The point is,  Verizon won't budge.    WHP-TV posted a notification in bold letters on their website:

We have not been able to come to an agreement with Verizon on a carriage deal for our stations. On January 14th, in an effort to stop any programming disruptions we communicated to Verizon our willingness to accept the 1st year terms of a proposal they had given us. This would have given Verizon the right to carry our stations immediately and for the balance of 2012. Verizon rejected this offer even though it was on their financial terms.
We have carriage deals with all other cable and satellite providers in the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York market. Please call Verizon  at 1-800-837-4966 and express your views. It is our sincere hope to have this matter resolved immediately. We appreciate your viewership.

Notice what Verizon came back with   " Verizon rejected this offer even though it was on their financial terms. " Really?
Verizon doesn't want to cooperate with the broadcasters. Why? because they feel as though they are the "big brother" in the Cable Tv arena. Comcast has over a million subscribers the  central Pennslvania area, whereas Verizon has about 30,000 --- and they think they are the boss!

To those who decide to cancel, don't forget---you are under a contract with Verizon .  If you decide to cancel service, you "broke" their contract,  even though Verizon broke the contract  you as a subscriber and customer signed in the first place.  Is this fair?  No it isn't.

0 Likes
ndj1521
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am done with cbs 21 and Fios.  i will now be watching abc news and calling comcast on monday.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

They reached an agreement with Newport yesterday.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes